This image above is one that we’ve seen for quite some time now. We first saw it emerge earlier this year alongside early Galaxy S III reports, but the Galaxy S III ended up launching as a very different beast. Now we’re seeing the photo emerge once again, but it’s the source that is of particular interest this time. Why? Because the source is Samsung (005930). The image was published to Samsung’s official Facebook page for Pakistan on Wednesday with the caption ”Picture perfect view made even more perfect with Samsung Galaxy S3.” The obvious problem with that, as Engadget points out, is that this isn’t a Galaxy S III. We’re not sure why someone from Samsung’s social media team would have fake images on his or her computer, so Engadget postulates that this could very well be the Galaxy Note II we’ll see Samsung unveil later this month. Samsung subsequently (and inexplicably) changed the caption to read “Galaxy Note” before finally pulling the Facebook post on Wednesday afternoon, further supporting the theory.
Samsung might have just outed the Galaxy Note II ahead of its official debutBy Zach Epstein | BGR News – Wed, Aug 8, 2012
EXPLORE RELATED CONTENT
1 - 4 of 20
Today on Yahoo!
1 - 4 of 48
MORE TECH NEWS HEADLINES
- Landmark museum to reopen as most energy-efficient … Tech It Up! - Wed, Feb 27, 2013
- Wireless show expected to draw crowds … AP - Fri, Feb 22, 2013
- Why every rival tech company should … BGR.com - Tue, Feb 26, 2013
- With an Android backup plan already … BGR.com - Tue, Feb 26, 2013
- Internet advertisers kill text-based … Tech It Up! - Wed, Feb 20, 2013