Samsung’s (005930) “Retina” display-equipped tablet might be coming a little later than expected, but it’s coming. BGR reported late last year that Samsung was working on an ultra-high resolution tablet with a 2560 x 1600-pixel screen larger than 11 inches and a 16:10 aspect ratio. Now, court documents uncovered by The Verge on Monday evening confirm that the tablet is still in the works, and while it may have gone back into the shop for some tweaks, many key specs remain unchanged. Samsung’s upcoming HD slate will feature an 11.8-inch, 2560 x 1600-pixel touchscreen display with a 16:10 aspect ratio as well as Wi-Fi and 4G LTE connectivity. Additional specs are unconfirmed for the time being, but at the time we exclusively revealed the upcoming tablet, it was powered by a dual-core 2GHz Exynos 5250 chipset. Samsung’s new tablet will launch in 2012 according to the court documents, but no specific time frame was provided.
Samsung’s ‘Retina’ tablet finally begins to take shape; specs revealed in court filingBy Zach Epstein | BGR News – Tue, Jul 31, 2012
EXPLORE RELATED CONTENT
1 - 4 of 20
Today on Yahoo!
1 - 4 of 40
MORE TECH NEWS HEADLINES
- Landmark museum to reopen as most energy-efficient … Tech It Up! - Wed, Feb 27, 2013
- Wireless show expected to draw crowds … AP - Fri, Feb 22, 2013
- Why every rival tech company should … BGR.com - Tue, Feb 26, 2013
- With an Android backup plan already … BGR.com - Tue, Feb 26, 2013
- Internet advertisers kill text-based … Tech It Up! - Wed, Feb 20, 2013