Just after T-Mobile announced its merger agreement with MetroPCS last week, we started hearing rumblings that Sprint (S) was poised to make a compelling counteroffer that would get MetroPCS to break off its deal with T-Mobile and merge with Sprint instead. But now unnamed sources tell Bloomberg that Sprint is at least temporarily backing away from its plans “to gain time to scrutinize the carrier’s planned combination with T-Mobile.” This doesn’t mean Sprint is leaving the table all together, however, since Bloomberg says the company “may have as much as three months to bid before MetroPCS investors vote on the T-Mobile deal,” so it’s entirely possible that Sprint could swoop in to gobble up MetroPCS at a later date.
Explore Related Content
- SoftBank could be interested in T-Mobile if Sprint deal fail …
- Windows Phone and iOS are growing faster than Android in the …
- T-Mobile ahead of schedule with MetroPCS merger
- Exclusive: SoftBank eyes T-Mobile US as ‘Plan B'
- Nokia reigns supreme in Windows Phone market
- BBM for iOS and Android to launch on June 27th, according to …
- AT&T’s 4G LTE network found to be the fastest in the U.S.
- T-Mobile AdYahoo! Advertising
More Tech News
- Kim and Kanye's Baby Name Is Not That Strange
It's being reported that rapper Kanye West and his reality star girlfriend Kim Kardashian have named their brand-new baby, born this weekend, Kaidence Donda West. Donda was Kanye's late mother's name, so that makes sense, but, um, Kaidence? What's going on with Kaidence?
- CBO: About 8 million would gain legal status under Senate immigration bill
WASHINGTON (AP) — CBO: About 8 million would gain legal status under Senate immigration bill .
- Man charged with tossing wife off cruise ship
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California grand jury has indicted a Florida man on charges he strangled his ex-wife and tossed her off a cruise ship in Italy.
- Justin Bieber Maybe Shouldn't Drive Cars Anymore
Oh lord. Another day, another incident involving teen menace Justin Bieber and one of his expensive vroom-vrooms. It seems that Justin Bieber was involved in a traffic incident last night that had police questioning him about a possible a hit-and-run situation. Justin was leaving the Laugh Factory last night in his Ferrari and apparently hit a dude who was standing in the street. Bieber didn't stop to check on him, leading police to think it might have been a hit-and-run. ...
- Can fetuses masturbate?
To rally support for his anti-abortion bill, Rep. Michael Burgess of Texas tells Congress that fetuses can feel pleasure
- GOP Congressman Wants to Ban Abortion to Save Masturbating Fetuses
In a preview of the many pronouncements to come on the floor of Congress as the House debates a legislative ban on all abortions after 20 weeks, allow us to introduce you to Rep. Michael Burgess (R-Texas), who believes that abortion should be banned earlier than the Supreme Court says it should because, in part, he knows fetuses feel pain. He knows this because he says he's seen male fetuses begin masturbating in the womb around 15 weeks into a pregnancy.
- Rick Perry Goes to War Against Connecticut
Rick Perry, the Texas governor and 2012 "oops" presidential candidate, is spending the beginning of this week in Connecticut. Perry, as the governor of Texas, has little on-its-face reason to be in Connecticut. Except, of course, for one: Texas's unemployment rate, which at 6.4 percent in April is significantly lower than the national average, is still not quite ideal. Perry wants to bring jobs to his state. And, as he sees it, some of those jobs could come from Connecticut.
- Edward Snowden wants everyone to stop talking about his girlfriend [PHOTOS]
Alleged National Security Administration whistle-blower Edward Snowden would like for everyone to stop talking about his hot girlfriend, thank you very much. (RELATED: Here is the NSA whistle blower’s alleged girlfriend)