GAPYEONG, South Korea (AP) — Sun Myung Moon, self-proclaimed messiah who founded Unification Church, dies at age 92.
Explore Related Content
- Paula Broadwell regrets affair with ex-CIA director Patraeus1 hr 43 mins ago
- Ariz. Sheriff Arpaio loses racial profiling suit1 hr 1 min ago
- Country moves against restaurants holding wild bears1 hr 2 mins ago
- No Wonder Republican Criticism of Obama Isn’t Working
Henny Youngman, the late borscht belt comedian, told hundreds of politically incorrect jokes. One of them was his response when asked, “How’s your wife?” “Compared to what?” he’d say.
- Wife says trucker saw bridge collapse in mirror
MOUNT VERNON, Wash. (AP) — The wife of a Canadian trucker whose rig caused the collapse of a Washington bridge says a special vehicle called a pole car had travelled the route to make sure the load would fit.
- Why is AT&T milking subscribers for an extra $500 million? ‘Because they can’
AT&T said earlier this week that it will add a new administrative fee to each of its wireless subscribers’ monthly bills. The fee is only $0.61, which doesn’t sound like much, and an AT&T spokesperson was quick to point out to several news sites that this new fee is lower than similar fees charged by rival carriers. Subscribers were still outraged. Now that the shouting has died down a bit, however, people are looking for a batter explanation for the new charge they’ll see each month. According to one industry watcher, that explanation couldn’t be simpler: “Because they can.” “Why would AT&T do this? Because they can, and it is all in the pricing strategy,” Joe Hoffman, principal analyst at ABI Research
- Sweden's Inexplicable Riots, Explained
For the fifth straight night, rioters have broken windows and set fire to cars in neighborhoods around Stockholm, Sweden. The violence fits the pattern, if not the scale, of other recent incidents in European cities, drawing renewed attention to the interplay of immigration, economics, and government.
- Dog Found Standing Guard Over a Tornado Victim Reunited With Her Owner
There's a happy ending to the story of a dog, found alive in the rubble after a massive tornado devastated Moore, Oklahoma: she's been reunited with her owner.
- Missing University of Rhode Island Student Found in North Carolina
Matthew Royer Did Not Show Up at His Pennsylvania Home or Summer Job
- A-Rod sells Miami Beach home for $30M
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) — New York Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez has sold his Miami Beach home for $30 million.
- Justice Department opposes AMR's $20 million severance for CEO Horton
By Nick Brown (Reuters) - A plan by American Airlines' parent to exit bankruptcy and merge with US Airways Group is coming under fire from the U.S. Department of Justice over nearly $20 million in severance pay earmarked for outgoing boss Tom Horton. In court papers filed on Friday in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Manhattan, U.S. Trustee Tracy Hope Davis, the department's official charged with regulating bankruptcy cases in the New York region, said the severance deal for AMR Corp's chief executive violates bankruptcy law. ...