Survivors of Indianapolis blast wait for answers

Associated Press
Monserrate Shirley, talks with a reporter and photographer about her home in Indianapolis, Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2012. Shirley's home was one of two of the main homes destroyed by an explosion of unknown origin on Saturday night. An owner of the house believed to be at the center of the explosion has said the home's furnace had been having problems, but his estranged wife, Monserrate Shirley, said the furnace was fine. (AP Photo/The Star, Robert Scheer)
.

View gallery

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Survivors of a deadly Indianapolis explosion are looking for answers as they try to move forward with their lives.

Some residents say they are frustrated by the pace of the investigation into the blast.

Investigators are focusing on natural gas-fueled appliances as they search for the cause of Saturday's explosion. The blast killed two people, leveled two homes and left dozens more uninhabitable.

Indianapolis Homeland Security Director Gary Coons said Tuesday that his "investigators believe natural gas is involved" and were "recovering the appliances from destroyed homes to help determine the cause." He made the announcement after the National Transportation Safety Board said investigators had found no leaks in the gas main or pipes leading into the house that exploded.

View Comments (3)