GENEVA (AP) — A Swiss art expert says a $110 million painting by Paul Cezanne damaged following a robbery four years ago can be restored.
The director of the E.G. Buehrle foundation that owns the painting says the French impressionist's work "The Boy in the Red Vest" suffered rips to its canvas after it was stolen from a Zurich gallery.
Lukas Gloor told a news conference in Zurich on Friday that the repairs will take time but he is confident they will restore the work to its former state.
Four men were arrested in Serbia earlier this month when a pan-European police operation led to the seizure of the painting, which was stolen from a Zurich gallery in 2008.
Masterpieces by Claude Monet, Vincent van Gogh and Edgar Degas were also taken in the heist but subsequently recovered.
- Visual Arts
- Crime & Justice
- Paul Cezanne