T-Mobile has yet to receive Apple’s (AAPL) blessing to become an official carrier of the iPhone. Regardless, the nation’s fourth largest carrier is encouraging customers to purchase an unlocked GSM iPhone from Apple that can be used on its HSPA+ network. The recently announced iPhone 5 uses a new nano-SIM card, however, unlike the iPhone 4S which used a micro-SIM. An alleged internal document published by TmoNews on Friday confirmed earlier reports stating that T-Mobile will be offering nano-SIM cards for unlocked iPhones in October. The iPhone 5 is available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB models in both white and black, an unlocked devices will cost $649, $749 and $849 respectively.
Explore Related Content
- Case for low-cost iPhone shows new design with more rounded …
- Why Apple wants to buy your old iPhone and give you a new on …
- Galaxy S4 helped Samsung outsell Apple for the first time since …
- HTC One seen settling into third place behind iPhone 5, Galaxy …
- Galaxy S4, HTC One can’t take the wind out of iPhone’s sales
- Hi-quality photos of iPhone 5S display leak for the first ti …
- iPhone 5S display leaks as mass production begins
- Apple to Reportedly Start iPhone Trade-in …hulu videos
More Tech News
- Man charged with tossing wife off cruise ship
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California grand jury has indicted a Florida man on charges he strangled his ex-wife and tossed her off a cruise ship in Italy.
- Judge: 650+ farm workers entitled to know wages
A federal judge has ruled that a class of more than 650 farm workers should have had information about wages and other job conditions disclosed to them by the company that hired them. U.S. District Court ...
- Playmate admits helping boyfriend in US illegally
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — A former Playboy Playmate has admitted helping her Canadian boyfriend after he illegally entered the United States in northern New York last summer.
- Kim and Kanye's Baby Name Is Not That Strange
It's being reported that rapper Kanye West and his reality star girlfriend Kim Kardashian have named their brand-new baby, born this weekend, Kaidence Donda West. Donda was Kanye's late mother's name, so that makes sense, but, um, Kaidence? What's going on with Kaidence?
- Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Video shows Justin Bieber running into a photographer with his white Ferrari in Hollywood, but police say there was no crime and the injuries aren't life-threatening.
- Baked Alaska: Unusual heat wave hits 49th state
A heat wave hitting Alaska may not rival the blazing heat of Phoenix or Las Vegas, but to residents of the 49th state, the days of hot weather feel like a stifling oven — or a tropical paradise. With temperatures ...
- Wash. parents' ruse snares man wooing daughter
SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — A father who discovered his 15-year-old daughter was being wooed on Facebook by a man twice her age took matters into his own hands.
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder Zimmer
(Reuters) - Apparel retailer Men's Wearhouse ousted Executive Chairman George Zimmer, the face of the company founded 40 years ago, sending its shares down as much as 6 percent. The company, which gave no reason for the dismissal, also postponed its annual shareholder meeting scheduled for later on Wednesday in order to renominate existing directors without Zimmer. "The board expects to discuss with Mr. Zimmer the extent, if any, and terms of his ongoing relationship with the company," Men's Wearhouse said in a terse statement. ...