Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz will have spent more than 20 hours speaking nearly nonstop on the Senate floor in protest of the federal health care law known as Obamacare when Senate rules force him to stop at noon Wednesday.
But during his all-night talkathon, Cruz dabbled in pop culture, which will enshrine Dr. Seuss, Darth Vader, Duck Dynasty and Ashton Kutcher in the Senate record forever.
Here are some of the top moments:
1. Ted Cruz read Dr. Seuss' "Green Eggs and Ham."
2. On Wednesday morning, Cruz did a Darth Vader impression
3. In the middle of the night, he invoked "Duck Dynasty" and quoted Toby Keith
4. He admitted to loving White Castle burgers
5. Even Ashton Kutcher got a shout-out on the Senate floor
- Ted Cruz
- Ashton Kutcher
- Darth Vader