iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users running the latest version of Apple’s iOS software now have access to full-featured untethered jailbreak software courtesy of iOS hackers Chronic Dev Team and pod2g. The software needed to perform the jailbreak, Greenpis0n Absinthe 2.0, is now available for download and is compatible with A4-powered devices like the original iPad and the iPhone 4, as well as newer A5-powered devices like the new iPad and iPhone 4S, JailbreakUntethered reports. The updated software allows users to jailbreak their newer A5-powered iOS devices without having to connect to a computer while booting, though it is not compatible with iPad 2 models powered by Apple’s newer 32-nanometer chipset. Download links for Greenpois0n Absinthe 2.0 and a how-to guide details each step of the jailbreaking process can be found through the read link below.
- With Russian help, Europe prepares to search for life on Mars Reuters - 7 hrs ago
- NASA wants backyard astronomers to help track asteroids Reuters - Tue, Jun 18, 2013
- Beetles, housefly larvae open new frontier in animal feed sector Reuters - 12 hrs ago
- Sexual Images Sway Conservative Guys Toward Risk LiveScience.com - 3 hrs ago
- 1 in 4 Stroke Survivors Develops PTSD, Study Finds LiveScience.com - 5 hrs ago
- It's True: Some Parents Want to Live Through Their Kids LiveScience.com - 5 hrs ago
- Do Sleep Apnea Patients Need Special Care After Surgery? LiveScience.com - 5 hrs ago