Some Verizon Wireless customers who preordered the Samsung Galaxy S III are getting a pleasant surprise this week as their new smartphones are arriving earlier than expected. “Dgstorm” over at Droid Forums says that “several users are reporting that they have already received their Samsung Galaxy S III pre-orders” as of Thursday, nearly a week before they were slated to arrive on July 10th. Dgstorm describes Verizon’s early Galaxy S III delivery as a “classic case of under-promising, yet over-delivering” and says Verizon deserves credit for going “out of their way to take care of their customers.”
Explore Related Content
- Galaxy S4 helped Samsung outsell Apple for the first time since …
- Apple seen withstanding Galaxy S4 onslaught as iPhone sales ‘remain …
- Obama administration defends massive phone record collection
- WATCH: Jay-Z reveals his new career as a phone salesman
- AT&T launches push-to-talk service for iPhone
- Report: Feds Getting Phone Records Of All Verizon Customers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Active launches June 21st on AT&T for $199 …
- Verizon Customers: NSA Is Tracking Your …CBS-Baltimore
More Tech News
- Judge: 650+ farm workers entitled to know wages
A federal judge has ruled that a class of more than 650 farm workers should have had information about wages and other job conditions disclosed to them by the company that hired them. U.S. District Court ...
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
NEW YORK (AP) — Apparently, Men's Wearhouse Inc. doesn't like the way its founder looks anymore.
- Man charged with tossing wife off cruise ship
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California grand jury has indicted a Florida man on charges he strangled his ex-wife and tossed her off a cruise ship in Italy.
- Switzerland buries U.S. tax law, banks seen at risk
By Ruben Sprich BERNE (Reuters) - Swiss lawmakers dealt a death blow on Wednesday to a draft law which aimed to protect the country's banks from criminal charges in the United States for helping wealthy Americans evade tax. The Swiss government has warned that the bill's failure could prompt impatient U.S. prosecutors to indict banks, though it could still use an executive order to allow them to hand over data to try to avoid criminal charges. ...
- Kim and Kanye's Baby Name Is Not That Strange
It's being reported that rapper Kanye West and his reality star girlfriend Kim Kardashian have named their brand-new baby, born this weekend, Kaidence Donda West. Donda was Kanye's late mother's name, so that makes sense, but, um, Kaidence? What's going on with Kaidence?
- Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Video shows Justin Bieber running into a photographer with his white Ferrari in Hollywood, but police say there was no crime and the injuries aren't life-threatening.
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder and exec. chairman
Men's Wearhouse Inc. has dismissed its founder and executive chairman George Zimmer. In a terse release issued Wednesday, the company didn't give a reason for the abrupt firing of Zimmer, who built Men's ...
- Playmate admits helping boyfriend in US illegally
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — A former Playboy Playmate has admitted helping her Canadian boyfriend after he illegally entered the United States in northern New York last summer.