- Video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist Associated Press - 4 hrs ago
An Internet video purports to show the beheading of U.S. journalist Steven Sotloff by the Islamic State group. More »Video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist
- Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach Reuters - 9 hrs ago
By Edwin Chan and Christina Farr SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - The week before a crucial launch of its new iPhone, Apple Inc said intimate photos of celebrities including Oscar-winner Jennifer Lawrence were leaked online through the apparent hacking of individual iCloud accounts. Apple rushed to restore confidence in its …
- What We Know About ISIL's Third Hostage, David Haines The Atlantic Wire - 3 hrs ago
In the video, another man appears. This man is the third hostage shown in a video by ISIL, the first being James Foley, whose beheading video broke online on August 19. The third hostage is identified in the subtitle of the video as David Cawthorne Haines, a British citizen. While United Kingdom officials have not yet …
- Celeb hacking scandal shows digital vulnerability Associated Press - 3 hrs ago
- US Air Force's Secretive X-37B Space Plane Passes 600 Days in Orbit SPACE.com - 13 hrs ago
Air Force's mysterious unmanned space plane has winged beyond 600 days in orbit on a classified military mission that seems to have no end. The X-37B space plane is carrying out the Orbital Test Vehicle-3 (OTV-3) mission, a long-duration cruise that marks the third flight for the unpiloted Air Force spaceflight program. …
- Putin's '2 weeks to Kiev' out of context: aide Associated Press - 11 hrs ago
- AP Analysis: Putin digs in for long Ukraine fight Associated Press - 13 hrs ago
MOSCOW (AP) — Riding a wave of military gains by Russia-backed rebels, President Vladimir Putin has made it exceedingly clear that he wants a peace deal for Ukraine on his terms and will not be stopped by economic costs.
- Some fear auto industry returning to bad habits Associated Press - 11 hrs ago
- Patrolling the Rio Grande: On the front lines with a U.S. border patrol agent Power Players - 20 hrs ago
For border patrol along the U.S.-Mexico border in Texas, intercepting migrants is daily business
RECAPS AND CLIPS
News & Blogs
'DAYTIME IN NO TIME' ON FACEBOOK
News for You
- Putin's '2 weeks to Kiev' out of context: aide
- Tripoli under militia control as Libya chaos deepens
Libya's toothless outgoing government admitted Monday from its safe refuge in the east of the country that it has in effect lost control of Tripoli to armed militias. The interim government led by prime minister Abdullah al-Thani, which resigned last week, said armed groups, mostly Islamist militias, were in control of ministries and blocking access to government workers. It said the interim government was in contact with officials and "trying to ensure the continuity of services from afar". Libya has been sliding into chaos since Moamer Kadhafi was overthrown and killed three years ago, with interim authorities confronting powerful militias which fought to oust the veteran dictator.
- European Commission to hold gas talks with Russia on Thursday
The European Commission will hold expert-level talks with Russia on Thursday to try to solve the Ukraine gas price row, Energy Commissioner Guenther Oettinger said on Tuesday. "We will first hold a technical meeting on expert level between my services and Russia in Brussels on Thursday September 4," Oettinger said in a statement. The meeting is a follow-up to Oettinger's meeting with Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak in Moscow last Friday and aims to further analyze figures on security of supply next winter. Oettinger said he would then meet Ukrainian Energy Minister Yuri Prodan in Baku, Azerbaijan, on Sept. 8.
- US Air Force's Secretive X-37B Space Plane Passes 600 Days in Orbit
Air Force's mysterious unmanned space plane has winged beyond 600 days in orbit on a classified military mission that seems to have no end. The X-37B space plane is carrying out the Orbital Test Vehicle-3 (OTV-3) mission, a long-duration cruise that marks the third flight for the unpiloted Air Force spaceflight program. The Air Force launched the miniature space shuttle into orbit on Dec. 11, 2012 using an expendable Atlas 5 rocket. By the end of Friday (Aug. 29), the space plane had spent 627 days in orbit.
- Arming Ukraine could lead to nuclear war: Lech Walesa
- French mum reunited with daughter taken by alleged jihadi father
A young French mother whose daughter had been smuggled out of the country by her father arrived home with the two-year-old girl on Wednesday after they were reunited earlier in Turkey. Meriam Rhaiem, 25, made headlines in March with an emotional appeal to French authorities to recognise her baby girl as "the youngest French hostage". Mother and daughter arrived at Villacoublay air base outside Paris at 2:15 am Wednesday (0115 GMT) aboard a plane chartered by the French interior ministry. "It's a moment of great emotion with the arrival of Meriam Rhaiem and her daughter Assia, after months of waiting," said Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve who went out onto the tarmac to meet the plane.