- Scientists' colossal squid exam a kraken good show Associated Press - 1 hr 20 mins ago
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — It was a calm morning in Antarctica's remote Ross Sea, during the season when the sun never sets, when Capt. … More »Scientists' colossal squid exam a kraken good show
- Judge in Pistorius trial faces criticism Associated Press - 4 hrs ago
- Lava flows from Philippine volcano, thousands flee Associated Press - 1 hr 33 mins ago
- China rig finds gas after Vietnam sea standoff Associated Press - 2 hrs 34 mins ago
- Hurricane Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, sparks looting Reuters - 13 hrs ago
By Gerardo Esquerre CABO SAN LUCAS Mexico (Reuters) - Hurricane Odile ground its way up Mexico's Baja California peninsula on Monday, gradually losing strength after injuring dozens of people, forcing the evacuation of thousands and smashing shops open to looters in the popular tourist area. Fierce winds felled trees, …
- On last visit before vote, PM Cameron appeals to Scots to keep Britain intact Reuters - 19 hrs ago
By Guy Faulconbridge and Andrew Osborn ABERDEEN/LONDON (Reuters) - British Prime Minister David Cameron used his last visit to Scotland before a historic independence referendum this week to implore Scots to remain part of the United Kingdom, warning on Monday that a breakaway vote would be irreversible. With opinion polls …
- Kurdish fighters advance against jihadis in Syria Associated Press - 20 hrs ago
- First U.S. airstrike in expanded Iraq fight Associated Press - 11 hrs ago
- A Scottish 'Yes' also means exit from EU, NATO Associated Press - 22 hrs ago
RECAPS AND CLIPS
News & Blogs
'DAYTIME IN NO TIME' ON FACEBOOK
News for You
- Business Highlights
___ 'Minecraft' could boost Microsoft's mobile reach Microsoft's decision to spend $2.5 billion for the creator of the hit game "Minecraft" could help the Xbox maker grab attention on mobile ...
- Islamic State supporter warns of attacks against U.S.: SITE
BEIRUT (Reuters) - A supporter of Islamic State militants has warned of attacks on the United States and its allies if they continue to carry out military action against the group that has seized large parts of Iraq and Syria, the SITE monitoring service said. The message on a well-known militant Islamist online forum is one of the few responses from supporters of Islamic State to Washington's announcement last week that it was prepared to extend airstrikes against the group into Syria. ...
- Ahead of independence vote, Britain pledges state funding to Scotland
By Guy Faulconbridge and Alistair Smout EDINBURGH (Reuters) - Britain promised to guarantee Scotland high levels of state funding, granting Scots greater control over healthcare spending in a last-ditch attempt to shore up support for the United Kingdom before Thursday's vote on independence. With polls showing the decision on the fate of the United Kingdom is too close to call, welfare spending and the future of the revered National Health System have formed a central part of nationalist Alex Salmond's case for secession. ...
- Britain's Prince Harry turns 30 with a beer and a fortune
Prince Harry celebrated his 30th birthday Monday with a beer after the end of his multi-sport event for wounded troops, and with a windfall from his late mother Diana's estate. At the closing concert, Harry set off a Mexican wave, saying "Always wanted to do that," and read a message from "granny" -- Queen Elizabeth II -- praising the courage and determination of the competitors.
- Select Committee Dems launch website as midterm elections loom
- Why hire? French confront reasons for malaise