- Police assist 'Woman in Black' after crowd surrounds her in Virginia Reuters - 4 hrs ago
By Brendan O'Brien (Reuters) - A woman dressed in all black who has been spotted strolling along highways in the U.S. Southeast and Midwest … More »Police assist 'Woman in Black' after crowd surrounds her in Virginia
By Brendan O'Brien (Reuters) - A woman dressed in all black who has been spotted strolling along highways in the U.S. Southeast and Midwest needed police assistance after she was surrounded by a group of about 50 curious people in Virginia, authorities said on Wednesday. Police in Winchester, Virginia took the person …
- Riley speaks out, insists Heat will be competitive Associated Press - 4 hrs ago
- Usain Bolt in controversy at Commonwealth Games Associated Press - 3 hrs ago
- Ukraine official: Rebels lay mines near crash site Associated Press - 15 hrs ago
DONETSK, Ukraine (AP) — International observers turned back Wednesday after making another attempt to reach the site where Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 went down in eastern Ukraine, and a government official said the area near the zone had been mined by pro-Russian separatists who control it.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site Reuters - 7 hrs ago
By Polina Devitt and Gabriela Baczynska MOSCOW/KIEV (Reuters) - Russia fought back on Wednesday over new U.S. and EU sanctions imposed over Ukraine even as G7 leaders warned of further steps, while Ukraine's government accused pro-Russian rebels of placing land mines near the site of a crashed Malaysian airliner to prevent …
- Octopus mom protects her eggs for an astonishing 4-1/2 years Reuters - 5 hrs ago
By Will Dunham WASHINGTON (Reuters) - If someone were to create an award for "mother of the year" in the animal kingdom, a remarkably dedicated eight-limbed mom from the dark and frigid depths of the Pacific Ocean might be a strong contender. Scientists on Wednesday described how the female of an octopus species …
- Some Ukrainian rebels vent frustration with Putin Reuters - 13 hrs ago
By Aleksandar Vasovic DONETSK Ukraine (Reuters) - Western leaders may be Vladimir Putin's biggest critics over the conflict in east Ukraine but the Russian leader is also facing criticism from some of the rebels they accuse him of arming. The European Union and the United States have imposed new sanctions on Russia because …
- Boeing to make longest 787-10 Dreamliner exclusively in South Carolina Reuters - 8 hrs ago
By Harriet McLeod NORTH CHARLESTON S.C. (Reuters) - Boeing Co said on Wednesday it will build its biggest Dreamliner, the 787-10, exclusively at its South Carolina plant in North Charleston, a move that marked the continuing evolution of Boeing's production strategy for its flagship jet. The newest and longest of three …
- 10 Things to Know for Thursday Associated Press - 1 hr 48 mins ago
RECAPS AND CLIPS
News & Blogs
'DAYTIME IN NO TIME' ON FACEBOOK
News for You
- What not to buy on Amazon
- Hilarious ‘Deadpool’ Test Footage Starring Ryan Reynolds Leaked [VIDEO]
- Great apes face extinction: conservationist Jane Goodall
The world's great apes face extinction within decades, renowned chimpanzee expert Jane Goodall warned Tuesday in a call to arms to ensure man's closest relatives are not wiped out. "If we don't take action the great apes will disappear, because of both habitat destruction as well as trafficking," Goodall told AFP in an interview in Nairobi. In the past half century, chimpanzee numbers have slumped from two million to just 300,000, spread over 21 countries, said Goodall, a British scientist who spent more than five decades studying chimpanzees in Tanzania's Gombe National Park.
- Suing Obama: GOP-led House gives the go-ahead
A sharply divided House approved a Republican plan Wednesday to launch a campaign-season lawsuit against President Barack Obama, accusing him of exceeding the bounds of his constitutional authority. Obama and other Democrats derided the effort as a stunt aimed at tossing political red meat to conservative voters.
- List of Hamas demands, and why Israel unlikely to accept them
- Which states will legalize pot next?