- After 2 weeks, search still on for 2 Maryland kids Associated Press - 22 hrs ago
WASHINGTON (AP) — It's been almost two weeks since Troy Turner last saw two of his kids, 3-year-old Sarah, his "tomboy princess," … More »After 2 weeks, search still on for 2 Maryland kids
- Actress detained by police refuses to apologize Associated Press - 15 hrs ago
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansions Associated Press - 2 hrs 0 mins ago
- Exclusive: Hyundai directors kept in dark on size of $10 billion land bid - sources Reuters - 12 hrs ago
By Hyunjoo Jin SEOUL (Reuters) - Hyundai Motor and two listed affiliates did not seek board clearance for the size of their record $10 billion bid for a plot of land in Seoul, more than triple its appraised value, four board members of the companies told Reuters. Thursday's winning bid for the land sent shares in Hyundai …
- Secret Service boosts security outside White House Associated Press - 2 hrs 46 mins ago
WASHINGTON (AP) — The head of the Secret Service has stepped-up security outside the White House after a man who jumped the fence made it into the presidential residence before being apprehended, the Secret Service said Saturday, as President Barack Obama insisted he still has confidence in the beleaguered agency.
- AP Interview: El-Sissi, Egypt and the terror fight Associated Press - 4 hrs ago
- Tour ship runs aground by NYC's Statue of Liberty Associated Press - 2 hrs 48 mins ago
- Authorities: 5 inmates escape from California jail Associated Press - 3 hrs ago
- Sierra Leone staggers in Ebola isolation effort Associated Press - 6 hrs ago
RECAPS AND CLIPS
News & Blogs
'DAYTIME IN NO TIME' ON FACEBOOK
News for You
- Russian fighters intercepted by U.S. near Alaska
- Canada's largest Cold War-era fighting ships retiring
- SpaceX Delays Dragon Cargo Ship Launch for NASA Due to Bad Weather
A commercial SpaceX Dragon supply ship packed with NASA experiments — including 20 mice destined for the final frontier — will have wait at least one more day to blast into space after bad weather thwarted a launch attempt early Saturday (Sept. 20). A drizzling pre-dawn rain and thick clouds lingered over SpaceX's Florida launch pad here, forcing the company to postpone its Dragon delivery mission to the International Space Station for NASA until Sunday (Sept. 21). The SpaceX-built Falcon 9 rocket carrying the Dragon capsule is now set to launch at 1:52 a.m. EDT (0552 GMT) on Sunday. You can watch the SpaceX launch webcast live Sunday on Space.com, courtesy of NASA TV.
- Survivor of Boko Haram Kidnapping Recounts Escape, Urges Obama to 'Bring Back Our Girls'
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State
By Oliver Holmes and Alexandria Sage BAGHDAD/PARIS (Reuters) - French jets struck a suspected Islamic State target in Iraq for the first time on Friday, expanding a U.S.-led military campaign against militants who have seized a third of the country and also control large parts of neighboring Syria. President Francois Hollande said Rafale jets hit "a logistics depot of the terrorists" near the city of Mosul, which has been held by Islamic State for more than three months. It promised more operations in coming days. The French military action, which follows U.S. ...
- What to watch for next week: U.S. dollar, BlackBerry and the end of Q3