- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet Reuters - 9 hrs ago
(Story refiled to correct typographical error on third paragraph) (Reuters) - A Minnesota man and his two sons were asked to leave a Southwest … More »Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet
(Story refiled to correct typographical error on third paragraph) (Reuters) - A Minnesota man and his two sons were asked to leave a Southwest Airlines flight after the man sent a tweet complaining about being treated rudely by a gate agent. Duff Watson said he was flying from Denver to Minneapolis on Sunday and tried …
- Very bad week: Airline disasters come in a cluster Associated Press - 29 mins ago
WASHINGTON (AP) — Nearly 300 passengers are killed when their plane is shot out of the sky over eastern Ukraine. Airlines suspend flights to Israel's largest airport after rocket attacks. Two airliners crash during storms, and yet another disappears in West Africa. Aviation has suffered one of its worst weeks in me …
- U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military Reuters - 3 hrs ago
The United States said on Thursday that Russia was firing artillery across its border with Ukraine to target Ukrainian military positions in the conflict with pro-Russian separatists. State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf also said there was evidence that the Russians intended to deliver heavier and more powerful multiple …
- How Arizona, Ohio, Oklahoma, executions went awry Associated Press - 13 hrs ago
- Ukrainian prime minister announces resignation Associated Press - 9 hrs ago
- Doctor fired back at gunman in hospital attack Associated Press - 2 hrs 30 mins ago
- Cruise passengers recount horror stories to Senate Associated Press - 10 hrs ago
WASHINGTON (AP) — Laurie Dishman told senators through tears that she was choked and raped on a Royal Caribbean cruise by one of the line's employees, using her experience to shed light on the dangers that passengers might face on cruises.
- Air Algerie jet with 116 on board crashes in Mali Associated Press - 3 hrs ago
- Israel swears in new president amid Gaza war Associated Press - 7 hrs ago
JERUSALEM (AP) — Nobel Peace Prize laureate Shimon Peres ended his term as president of Israel on Thursday — a man who symbolizes hopes for peace capping a seven-decade public career amid the brutal reality of war. Peres handed the ceremonial but high-profile presidency over to Reuven Rivlin, a legislator from the hawkish …
RECAPS AND CLIPS
News & Blogs
'DAYTIME IN NO TIME' ON FACEBOOK
News for You
- Kid Banned From Doughnut Shop After Asking Stranger If She Is Expecting
- Shemar Moore to return to 'Young and Restless'
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Shemar Moore is returning to his daytime roots with a two-day guest appearance on "The Young and the Restless."
- Surgeons remove 232 teeth from Indian teenager
Ashik Gavai, 17, sought medical help for a swelling on the right side of his lower jaw and the case was referred to the city's JJ Hospital, where they found he was suffering from a condition known as complex odontoma, head of dentistry Sunanda Dhivare-Palwankar told AFP. The youngster's father, Suresh Gavai, said that the family had been worried that Ashik's swelling was a cancerous growth. "I was worried that it may turn out to be cancer so I brought him to Mumbai," Gavai told the Mumbai Mirror newspaper. "I think it could be a world record," she said.
- U.S. Republican Paul Ryan wants choice in delivering aid to poor
By David Lawder WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican U.S. Representative Paul Ryan proposed a plan to help poor Americans on Thursday that would allow charities, community groups and even for-profit firms to compete with the government for federal money to fight poverty. The plan from Ryan, a potential Republican presidential contender in 2016, would allow states to replace 11 programs ranging from food stamps to housing vouchers with "opportunity grants" to tailor aid to individual needs. We're talking non-profits, or for-profits, or even community groups unique to your neighborhood." Ryan's plan comes at a time when Democrats have made growing income inequality a major campaign issue before November congressional elections, promoting proposals such as raising the federal minimum wage.
- Israeli Airline With Missile Defenses Goes to Israel When US Carriers Won’t
- GIRL AND COUSIN BOTH NEED COUNSELING AFTER ASSAULT
DEAR ABBY: My granddaughter "Cindy," age 2, was being watched by her mommy's ex-sister-in-law and her sons. Cindy went to her mommy and said, "Bubby hurt me." Bubby is what she calls her 10-year-old cousin. Her mother called the police. A policeman spoke to her and said there wasn't enough evidence. Now my granddaughter is scared of men. The police went and talked to the cousin who said he "accidentally touched her down there with her pull-up on." DCFS was called in, and again it was a man. We took Cindy to a female doctor and Cindy told the doctor everything that happened to her. ...