- China splurging on military as US pulls back Associated Press - 12 hrs ago
QINGDAO, China (AP) — China's navy commissioned 17 new warships last year, the most of any nation. In a little more than a decade, it's … More »China splurging on military as US pulls back
- Jodie Foster Marries Girlfriend! Access Hollywood - 19 hrs ago
Jodie Foster can add a new title to her impressive resume - blushing bride! Jodie and girlfriend Alexandra Hedison have tied the knot, her rep confirmed to Access Hollywood . The exciting news comes 15 months after Jodie took the stage at the 2013 Golden Globes to accept the Cecil B. DeMille Lifetime Achievement Award, …
- After court drama, Oklahoma to have 2 executions Associated Press - 1 hr 14 mins ago
- Kate shows off new royal style in Down Under tour Associated Press - 9 hrs ago
- Pyongyang's pop queens stage comeback Associated Press - 13 hrs ago
- Ship that sank in 1888 found near San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge Reuters - 22 hrs ago
By Laila Kearney SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - The wreckage of a passenger steamship that sank in the 19th century after a collision in the San Francisco Bay has been found near the Golden Gate Bridge, officials said on Wednesday. The steamship City of Chester was discovered by researchers using sonar in waters about 216 …
- Russia's Putin calls the Internet a 'CIA project' Associated Press - 3 hrs ago
- Pineda banned 10 games for pine tar, won't appeal Associated Press - 1 hr 36 mins ago
- Iranians face midnight fuel price surge as subsidies cut Reuters - 4 hrs ago
By Michelle Moghtader DUBAI (Reuters) - Iranians have rushed to gas stations to fill their cars before a price surge expected at midnight on Thursday, as President Hassan Rouhani pushes ahead with a policy to cut fuel subsidies. The new prices of subsidized petrol, diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG) have not been …
RECAPS AND CLIPS
News & Blogs
'DAYTIME IN NO TIME' ON FACEBOOK
What scares you the most?
News for You
- The 'social photo frame' that helps generations connect
Social media is great for sharing photos with loved ones, but what about friends and family members who don't have online profiles? A new ‘social photo frame' could be the answer. Famatic is a touchscreen digital photo frame which connects to Facebook, Instagram and email accounts and streams uploaded photos and videos automatically.
- 100-Year-Old Woman Reflects on Her Late Husband
A photographer is helping a 100-year-old woman tell the world about her late husband on YouTube. Brandon Stanton created "Humans of New York" in 2010. Referred to as HONY, the blog and subsequent Facebook and Twitter pages showcase photographs of everyday people in New York. In each post, the subject's story is told with a simple caption – sometimes just one line. The subjects themselves range from children to commuters to a couple in love.
- Shaky ground in tornado alley
- Ship that sank in 1888 found near San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge
By Laila Kearney SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - The wreckage of a passenger steamship that sank in the 19th century after a collision in the San Francisco Bay has been found near the Golden Gate Bridge, officials said on Wednesday. The steamship City of Chester was discovered by researchers using sonar in waters about 216 feet deep. "The ship is very much intact," said James Delgado, director of Maritime Heritage at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), who has investigated other shipwrecks. A boat equipped with sonar scanners captured the first underwater images of the City of Chester last May. It took NOAA researchers nine months to review the data and reconstruct images of the ship, which came to rest upright at the edge of a sandbank, NOAA said in a statement.
- Tori Spelling Not 'Comfortable' With Dean Moving Back In
Viewers got a glimpse into Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott's marital woes on the premiere of their new docuseries, "True Tori" on Tuesday night - and it was a doozy. The new show began with Tori explaining why she chose to let cameras document such a personal and difficult time in her life, and she recalled her initial disbelief over rumors Dean had an affair with a woman in Toronto.
- Apple buoys Nasdaq; Ukraine weighs on broader market
By Chuck Mikolajczak NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Nasdaq rose modestly in a choppy session on Thursday, lifted by a rally in Apple shares a day after the iPad maker's strong results, though tensions in Ukraine held the broader market in check. Shares of Apple Inc , the most valuable U.S. company by market capitalization, jumped 8.2 percent to $567.77, the biggest gain since August, a day after the company posted revenue that far outpaced expectations. Apple also approved another $30 billion stock-buyback plan, raised its dividend and authorized a seven-for-one stock split. The three major U.S. stock indexes had opened sharply higher, with the Nasdaq initially climbing more than 1 percent before turning negative in the first half-hour of trading.