- Tycoon buys 30 Rolls-Royces for Macau hotel Associated Press - 17 hrs ago
HONG KONG (AP) — A Hong Kong tycoon has placed the biggest ever order for Rolls-Royce cars, agreeing to buy 30 Phantoms to chauffeur guests at … More »Tycoon buys 30 Rolls-Royces for Macau hotel
- New al Qaeda wing in South Asia claims major attack Reuters - 14 hrs ago
By Maria Golovnina ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - Al Qaeda's South Asia wing has claimed responsibility for hijacking a Pakistani naval ship and trying to use it to fire rockets at U.S. vessels in the Arabian Sea, in the first major assault by the newly created group. The SITE monitoring service quoted its spokesman, Usama Mahmoud, …
- Texas set to execute woman convicted of starving nine-year-old Reuters - 10 hrs ago
By Brendan O'Brien (Reuters) - A woman convicted of the 2004 starving death of a nine-year-old boy is scheduled to die on Wednesday by lethal injection at a Texas state prison, authorities said. Lisa Ann Coleman, 38, would be the second woman executed in the United States this year and the 15th since the U.S. Supreme …
- Texas executes woman for starvation of boy, 9 Associated Press - 1 hr 26 mins ago
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford diagnosed with rare cancer Reuters - 3 hrs ago
(Reuters) - Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has a very rare and aggressive type of cancerous tumor in his abdomen, his doctor said on Wednesday, adding he would start chemotherapy treatment within days. Ford, who made international headlines with his admission that he smoked crack cocaine while in office, was hospitalized last week …
- Gaza widow offers insight into world of spies Associated Press - 13 hrs ago
- New IS video warns US over Iraq deployment Associated Press - 12 hrs ago
BEIRUT (AP) — The militant Islamic State group released a video warning the United States that its fighters are waiting for it in Iraq if President Barack Obama sends troops there, as his top general said may happen if the current strategy of airstrikes fails.
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21 : report Reuters - 7 hrs ago
(Reuters) - Apple Inc is set to launch two new iPads and release the next version of its Mac operating system at its next event on Oct. 21, a Daily Dot report said, citing sources familiar with the matter. The company plans to unveil the sixth generation of its iPad and the third edition of the iPad mini, as well as its …
- North Korea powerful temptation for some Americans Associated Press - 12 hrs ago
RECAPS AND CLIPS
News & Blogs
'DAYTIME IN NO TIME' ON FACEBOOK
News for You
- Strong quake hits Japan
- Russian billionaire placed under house arrest
- On eve of Scottish vote, nationalist leader urges Scots to grasp independence
PERTH Scotland (Reuters) - Scottish nationalist leader Alex Salmond implored Scots to grasp the 'opportunity of a lifetime' to secure independence in a vote on Thursday that could break the United Kingdom apart. "This is our opportunity of a lifetime and we must seize it with both hands," Salmond told a meeting of supporters in Perth, eastern Scotland, just hours before polling stations open. ...
- Ferguson protesters call anew to remove prosecutor
CLAYTON, Mo. (AP) — Protesters seeking the immediate arrest of the Ferguson police officer who fatally shot an unarmed 18-year-old loudly disrupted another government meeting Tuesday, renewing calls to remove the county prosecutor investigating the case and vowing political retaliation against an elected official tied to the prosecutor.
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies
By Jason Szep WASHINGTON (Reuters) - After about 15 hours of flying and five hours of meetings, sleep finally caught up with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry in Baghdad. It was 6:04 p.m. After sinking into his seat at the center of the cavernous interior of a C-17 military transport plane, he cradled his head in his palm, put his feet on a desk and shut his eyes. ...
- Rob Ford Diagnosed with Rare and Aggressive Cancer