Google (GOOG) on Wednesday announced that it will be updating its Search application for the iPhone and iPad. The new version of Google Search will include the company’s enhanced voice functionality, which is similar to the service it offers in the latest version of Android. Performance on iOS should identical to the performance seen in Jelly Bean, and Google calls its new functionality “baby steps, but important ones on our way to building the search engine of the future.” The updated Google Search will be available in the iOS App Store within the next couple of days. A video demonstration of the app follows below.
Explore Related Content
- Jelly Bean is now on one-third of all Android devices
- iOS 7: The Best Features Coming to Apple's Made-Over Softwar …
- BlackBerry 10.2 to bring support for Android Jelly Bean apps
- Highlights from Apple's developers conference
- Twitter’s video-sharing app ‘Vine’ now available for Android
- HTC reaffirms pledge to bring Android 4.2 to HTC One
- APPLE EVENT: New software, MacBooks, music
More Tech News
- Kim and Kanye's Baby Name Is Not That Strange
It's being reported that rapper Kanye West and his reality star girlfriend Kim Kardashian have named their brand-new baby, born this weekend, Kaidence Donda West. Donda was Kanye's late mother's name, so that makes sense, but, um, Kaidence? What's going on with Kaidence?
- Man charged with tossing wife off cruise ship
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California grand jury has indicted a Florida man on charges he strangled his ex-wife and tossed her off a cruise ship in Italy.
- Melissa Etheridge Calls Angelina Jolie's Mastectomy 'the Most Fearful Choice You Can Make'
By Tony Maglio LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - Melissa Etheridge believes Angelina Jolie jumped the gun with her double mastectomy. The singer, a breast cancer survivor, told The Washington Blade that she has the same BRCA gene mutation as Jolie. When asked about Jolie's choice to undergo a preventative double mastectomy, Etheridge called Jolie's decision "the most fearful choice you can make when confronting anything with cancer." "I wouldn't call it the brave choice," the singer said. ...
- Suit: McDonald's wages put on costly debit card
Would you like fees with that? A Pennsylvania woman has filed suit to avoid fees she may be charged to get her McDonald's wages from a debit card. Single mom Natalie Gunshannon has filed suit over bank ...
- Selma Blair abruptly exits 'Anger Management'
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Selma Blair is making a sudden exit from the Charlie Sheen sitcom "Anger Management."
- Justin Bieber Maybe Shouldn't Drive Cars Anymore
Oh lord. Another day, another incident involving teen menace Justin Bieber and one of his expensive vroom-vrooms. It seems that Justin Bieber was involved in a traffic incident last night that had police questioning him about a possible a hit-and-run situation. Justin was leaving the Laugh Factory last night in his Ferrari and apparently hit a dude who was standing in the street. Bieber didn't stop to check on him, leading police to think it might have been a hit-and-run. ...
- Hoffa mystery still fascinates after 4 decades
OAKLAND TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — The latest possible resting place of Teamsters boss Jimmy Hoffa is an overgrown farm field where the normal calm of chirping crickets is being drowned out by a beeping backhoe, the chop of an overhead news helicopter and the bustle of reporters and onlookers.
- 7-Eleven Stores Operated 'Modern Day Plantation System,' Feds Claim
9 People Charged With Wire Fraud, Stealing Identities and Harboring Undocumented Immigrants