A recent filing with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission reveals that newly appointed Yahoo (YHOO) CEO Marissa Mayer will potentially earn $100 million over the next five years. The sum is undoubtedly huge, but the tasks that lie ahead for Yahoo’s new chief are daunting at best. Now that Mayer has taken the reins, the world — or, perhaps more accurately, Yahoo employees and investors — waits with bated breath to see what sweeping changes might come under Mayer’s rule. The answer, for the time being, is none. “Please do not stop. You are doing important work. Please don’t stop,” Mayer told Yahoos in a memo obtained by All Things D. “If you have questions or concerns about whether to continue or not, please ask. However, with the exception of a few things that might heavily constrain us in the future, the answer is most likely: ‘Yes, keep moving.’ ” The rest of the memo is linked below, just beyond an interstitial ad.
Explore Related Content
- Yahoo to release IDs of inactive email accounts
- SF supervisor wants flexible work law
- Smithfield CEO could make about $46.6 million from Shuanghui …
- News Summary: SEC to sometimes require mea culpas
- 'Yeezus' Has Leaked and Even Kanye Couldn't Stop It
- News Summary: SEC paying $580,000 to settle suit
- SEC paying $580,000 to settle suit by ex-official
More Tech News
- Man charged with tossing wife off cruise ship
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California grand jury has indicted a Florida man on charges he strangled his ex-wife and tossed her off a cruise ship in Italy.
- Kim and Kanye's Baby Name Is Not That Strange
It's being reported that rapper Kanye West and his reality star girlfriend Kim Kardashian have named their brand-new baby, born this weekend, Kaidence Donda West. Donda was Kanye's late mother's name, so that makes sense, but, um, Kaidence? What's going on with Kaidence?
- Brothers run at bear to save younger sister
A family had a close encounter with a bear while celebrating Father's Day during a camping trip in Wyoming, NBC-2 reports. The Kelly family had a relaxing Sunday morning breakfast, but apparently they didn't clean up as well as they initially thought. According to NBC-2, a bit of bacon grease was still on the campground [...]
- Police: Paraplegic castrated at Philly facility
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A 41-year-old man is being held on $5 million bail after police say he castrated a paraplegic during a dispute at an assisted living facility in Philadelphia.
- Father sentenced for binding kids outside Wal-Mart
LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — A suburban Chicago man was sentenced Wednesday to 30 months in prison for binding and blindfolding two of his children a year ago in a Wal-Mart parking lot in eastern Kansas.
- Prison for Ohio woman who buried mom in yard
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A woman who quit her job to care for her elderly mother felt at a loss to support herself when the older woman died so she buried her in the yard of their Florida home and lived off her mother's Social Security checks for 14 years, her lawyers and federal authorities say.
- 3 charged in Ohio with enslaving mother, daughter
CLEVELAND (AP) — Three Ohioans are accused of enslaving a mentally disabled young mother and her daughter over two years.
- Playmate admits helping boyfriend in US illegally
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — A former Playboy Playmate has admitted helping her Canadian boyfriend after he illegally entered the United States in northern New York last summer.