1 hurt after 2-alarm fire at Springfield apartment complex
One person was injured after a two-alarm fire at a Springfield apartment complex Tuesday night.
Around 7 p.m., Springfield firefighters were called to Hugh Taylor Apartments on East High Street to reports of a fire, according to the Springfield Division of Fire.
>> Beavercreek awarded over $8 million for improvement of roadways, transportation infrastructure
When firefighters arrived on the scene they found fire on the third floor and started to extinguish the fire as other crews searched the seven-story building.
The fire was upgraded to require a two-alarm response.
>>RELATED: At least 23 displaced, 1 taken to hospital after high-rise apartment fire in Springfield
This is the second, second-alarm fire at this apartment complex in the last 13 months, according to the Springfield Division of Fire.
The fire was able to be isolated to the apartment where it started, and one person was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.
The fire was caused by cooking left unattended, according to firefighters.