ILLAHEE – One person was taken to the hospital with minor injuries after a fire damaged a home in the Illahee Shores Mobile Home Park Saturday morning.
Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue firefighters were called to a home in the park at about 4:15 a.m. and found smoke and fire coming from the residence.
"The sole occupant reports they woke up and saw fire near the space heater in their bedroom," agency public information officer Ileana LiMarzi wrote in a social media post. "They evacuated and went to a neighbor's home to call 911."
Fire damaged about half of the home, and the residence sustained smoke damage throughout.
The Kitsap County Fire Marshal's Office is investigating the incident.
Nathan Pilling is a reporter covering Bainbridge Island, North Kitsap and Washington State Ferries for the Kitsap Sun. He can be reached at 360-792-5242, email@example.com or on Twitter at @KSNatePilling.
Consider supporting local journalism in Kitsap County: Sign up for a digital subscription today.
This article originally appeared on Kitsap Sun: 1 person suffers minor injuries in fire at Illahee mobile home park