The weather’s warmer (finally!) and you’re ready to take the littles out for a stroll. But before you unfurl that bulky travel system, stop and check out these lightweight strollers. While the heavy-duty versions certainly have their purpose, when your day’s plans involve a trek through the neighborhood, a quick walk around the block, or a leisurely jaunt at the local park, these picks are perfect.
1. Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller ($45): This lighter-weight stroller doesn’t sacrifice convenience for less heft. It has a four-position recline seat with a five-point safety harness and also comes with anti-shock front wheels and an adjustable/removable canopy.
2. Contours Bitsy Compact Fold Lightweight Stroller ($180): At under 14 pounds, this lightweight stroller is easy to walk with, carry, or transport. And this model has a one-hand fold, making it easy to pack away too.
3. Britax B-Lively Lightweight Stroller ($230): Keep your kiddo cool with this lightweight stroller’s UV 50+ canopy. It also comes with all-wheel suspension, giving you a leg up on those not-so-smooth park walks.
4. gb Pockit Lightweight Stroller ($180): The Pockit model is a major award-winner, claiming the 2014 Guinness World Record for most compact stroller. At under 10 pounds, this comfy choice is the perfect pick for the busy mom.
5. Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Stroller ($70): With plenty of storage, a one-handed self-standing fold, and an extended canopy, this model has it all. (Everything but the added weight, we should say.) The reclining seat will grow with your kiddo and accommodate a child up to 50 pounds.
6. Baby Jogger City Tour Stroller ($200): Take your baby along for a jog in the park or a run through your neighborhood with this lightweight classic. With a near-flat recline position, your little love can snooze as you get a workout in.
7. BIBA Single Stroller ($130): Spin around town with this stylish option. One-handed folding means it makes it easy to pack up and place in a compact space.
8. Peg Perego Booklet ($350): This Italian-made stroller may fall on the pricier end of the spectrum, but it delivers when it comes to quality, ease of use, and design details.
9. Chicco Liteway Stroller ($100): The four-position backrest makes the seat of this option easy to adjust — and easy on baby. The compact fold feature and removable canopy also add to the convenience factor, giving this pick an advantage over bulkier models.
10. Ergobaby Metro Compact City Stroller ($299): This ultra-compact stroller only weighs 14 pounds and easy to take with you on-the-go. It also has a one-hand fold for you and padded seating for your tot.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.