This Earth Day, celebrate with a gift that keeps on giving to our little blue marble of a planet. There are lots of ways to honor our planet that are both sustainable and aesthetically pleasing. Beyond stuff that helps us reduce, reuse, and recycle like biodegradable products, plastic-free storage, and wool dryer balls, there are a lot more products out there for the environmentally conscious shopper — and a lot of these eco-friendly products are just as gorgeous as their less-green counterparts. Here are some eco-minded gifts that have both sustainability and style in mind, just in time for Earth Day on April 22.
1. Croon Cleansing Fibers ($26): Think about how many disposable cotton rounds or facial wipes you use per month, and then think about how there are over 327 million people in the US alone, a lot of whom who probably have similar habits. Obviously, you can’t just stop washing your face, so swap out your disposable rounds or cotton balls for these cleansing fibers that work hard to wipe off dirt and makeup without even needing soap.
2. Pela Eco-Friendly iPhone XS Case in Ocean Turquoise ($39): Every time we get a new phone, we usually have to chuck the old case with it. Thanks to the fast pace of technology, that means we’re wasting perfectly good cases every two years or so. On top of trying to recycle your old case (so it doesn’t end up in a landfill), switch it with this 100 percent compostable one that still offers massive protection.
3. To-Go Ware Bamboo Travel Utensils ($13): Plastic forks, spoons, and knives are everywhere, and they usually end up making way more trash than they’re worth. No one expects you to carry around your good cutlery, but you can opt for these lightweight bamboo utensils for when you’re grabbing lunch on the go.
4. W&P Design Ceramic Porter Bowl ($40): Don’t spend another penny on disposable containers. Replace the plastic clutter with this gorgeous bowl that’s perfectly sized to take your daily salad or grain bowl to work with you. W&P also has a ton of other design-forward, eco-conscious products like water bottles, mugs, and even a travel-friendly glass tumbler.
5. Hiware Glass Straws ($10 for 8): Want to ditch the plastic straws but not sold on metal ones? If you’re concerned about the cleanliness of a metal straw or less than enthusiastic about imparting a metallic tang to your bevvies, these pretty, multicolored glass straws are much easier to use and clean and completely taste-neutral. The set even comes with a storage case and two cleaning brushes.
6. HYDAWAY Collapsible Water Bottle ($26): Hydration is so important, but when you’re constantly on the move, who has the time to remember to pack a full water bottle every morning? Plus, carrying around all that liquid can get hefty on top of everything else you need to pack. This collapsible bottle is a simple solution: Simply keep it folded in your bag, then fill it up when you need to quench your thirst.
7. Soma 10-Cup Water Filter Pitcher ($40): Plastic water bottles are filling up the Earth’s landfills in droves, but this one small thing can reduce your own use of single-use containers: a simple water filter. Fill up this minimal, sleek filtered pitcher and use it to keep your glass full.
8. Uncommon Goods Recycled Wetsuits Yoga Mat ($89): This mat is made of recycled neoprene wetsuits, so it won’t collect dust and bacteria from your studio floor. Plus, you can strike that pose confident in the fact that you did something awesome to keep a non-biodegradable product out of a landfill. Breathe in the serenity of knowing that your yoga mat is doing something good for the Earth.
9. Wowe Natural Organic Bamboo Toothbrush ($15 for 4): Cheap plastic toothbrushes, begone! Make those pearly white sparkle with these gentle bamboo brushes that you can actually feel okay about replacing every three months like you should, since they’re made of biodegradable material and come with minimal packaging.
10. BAGGU Duck Canvas Tote ($32): Don’t forget your reusable bag next time you head to the grocery store! This tote made from durable duck canvas makes it easy to schlep even the heaviest gallon of milk or juice from your local shop without the fear of a handle snapping or the bottom falling out.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.