Meaningful Girl Names
- Abigail: Hebrew - The father's joy.
- Alessia: Italian - Defending warrior.
- Alexandra: Greek - Helper; defender of mankind.
- Alice: English - Noble; kind.
- Amara: Latin - Strong.
- Amelia: German - Industrious; striving.
- Anne: Hebrew - Favored grace.
- Arabella: Latin - Lovely; elegant.
- Audree: French - Nobility; strength.
- Arianna: Greek - Holy.
- Avery: French - Wise.
- Callie: Greek - Most beautiful.
- Calynn: Gaelic - Powerful in battle.
- Charlotte: French - Petite; feminine.
- Charvi: Sanskrit - Beautiful.
- Claire: Latin - Bright; clear; famous; brilliant.
- Cora: Greek - Filled heart.
- Darlene: English - Darling, loved one.
- Della: German - Noble; bright.
- Diana: Latin - Moon Goddess.
- Eleanor: Greek - Bright, shining one; sun rays.
- Ella: English - Light; beautiful fairy woman.
- Eva: Hebrew - Life.
- Farrah: Arabic - Happy.
- Faye: French - Loyalty; confidence; trust; belief.
Whether you wait until your child is born or have a list ready months in advance, picking your child's name is one of the first major decisions you'll make as a new parent. There are endless options out there, and that coupled with the fact that your child will be called this name for their entire life can make the name game pretty overwhelming.
But when you move beyond how a name sounds and start looking at the definition behind it, you can quickly start narrowing down your list. Check out these 100 pretty names with equally powerful meanings that you'll want to take into consideration ASAP!