Lit candle causes fire at Meck-Cabarrus county line, officials say

·1 min read

Two adults were taken to area hospitals after a fire broke out at a two-story house Wednesday night in northeast Mecklenburg County near the Cabarrus County line, fire officials said.

ALSO READ: 3 children, 2 adults displaced from home after Harrisburg house fire

The Charlotte Fire Department was called to Breezehill Lane near Highway 49 and saw smoke coming from the house.

Four adults and a child who were inside managed to escape the home that was heavily damaged by the blaze, fire officials said.

The two people who were hospitalized had non-life-threatening injuries.

A lit candle that ignited nearby combustibles started the accidental fire, officials said.

The Harrisburg Fire Department was also called to fight the fire.

>>Watch Channel 9′s LIVE STREAM wherever you are, at this link.

Return to this story for updates.

(Watch the video below: 1 dead, 1 hurt in northwest Charlotte wreck, paramedics confirm)