2 injured in Channelview house fire

The residents built a fire in a barrel on the front porch that got out of control early Sunday morning.

Video Transcript

- The warming fire on a front porch spread to a Channelview trailer and left one man in the hospital in critical condition. This started at about 4:00 this morning at the home on Pecan near Lakeside. Officials tell us the man went back inside the burning trailer to save a woman, but apparently she had already gotten out through a back window. The man was taken to the hospital for burns and smoke inhalation. The Red Cross told us yesterday that there has been a 187% increase in fires this past week and more deaths in fires in the last week than the last three months.

- Just an additional tragedy brought on by these cold temperatures.

[HUMMING]