Aug. 24—A repairman found two people unconscious from a drug overdose in a Sanford home on Friday, the Lee County Sheriff's Office said.
An air conditioner repairman went to an apartment in the 2400 block of Jefferson Davis Highway just before 3 p.m. and knocked on the door, a Sheriff's Office release said.
A juvenile opened the door and the repairman could see a man and woman unconscious inside, the release said.
Deputies responded to the repairman's 911 call and found Heather Paige Dostroph, 32, who lives at the residence, lying on the floor and Eddie Michael Byrd, 41, unconscious on the couch, according to the release.
Deputies administered NARCAN, a nasal spray that is used to treat a suspected opioid overdose.
Narcotics agents found fentanyl and crystal meth inside the home, the release said.
Dostroph was taken to Central Carolina Hospital while Bird refused medical treatment.
Bird, who lives in the 6800 block of Jefferson Davis Road, was arrested on other outstanding charges, the release said.
Dostroph was discharged from the hospital about 9 p.m. and taken into custody.
She is charged with possessing with intent to sell and deliver heroin/fentanyl and crystal meth, maintaining a drug dwelling, and misdemeanor charges of possession of drug paraphernalia and child abuse.
The juvenile, whose age was not given, was taken to the home of a relative, according to Sheriff's Office Capt. Bryan Allen.
Dostroph's bail was set at $11,500.