Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
So your best friend or family member is getting married, and you’ve found yourself in the maid of honor role.
While a lot can come with that job — from planning the bachelorette party to helping the bride make important decisions (like saying yes to the dress!) to preparing a speech for the reception — the most important part is supporting the bride on her big day.
One way to help out your girl is by being prepared — like, overly prepared. Speaking from personal experience, it helps to have a kit on hand with all of the essentials and then some.
If the bride is feeling nervous or had a little too much fun at the rehearsal dinner, save the day with Tums and Advil. If it’s hot and everyone in the bridal party is sweating, stop the shine with a translucent powder and freshen up with deodorant body wipes. If the bride spills something on her dress, fix it with a Tide To Go Pen or cover it up with white chalk (talk about a hack!). There’s no problem too big for the maid of honor.
You can check out our Maid of Honor emergency kit below for a list of everything you should pack come wedding day and shop some of our favorite items below.
Maid of Honor Emergency Kit
For a hair and makeup refresh:
- Translucent powder: Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder, $39
- Hair spray: TRESemme Ultra Fine Mist Hair Spray, $4.92
- Deodorant: RECESS Deodorant Body Wipes (15-pack), $29.99
- Sunscreen: COOLA Organic Makeup Setting Sunscreen Spray with Broad Spectrum SPF 30, $36
- Bobby pins: Conair Secure Hold Bobby Pins, Black, (Set of 75), $2.43
- Hair ties: Kitsch Spiral Hair Ties (no crease, 8-pack), $9
- Floss: Cocofloss in Delicious Mint, $9
- Nail file: Bona Fide Beauty Glass Nail File in Case, $9.99
- Oil-absorbing sheets: Winky Lux Matcha Blotting Sheets, $8
- Makeup removing wipes: Neutrogena Cleansing Facial Wipes (Individually Wrapped 20-count), $5.97
- Compact mirror: Popsockets PopGrip Mirror Dove White Marble, $20
- Concealer: Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Concealer, $19
For aching feet:
- Anti-blister stick: Body Glide Foot Glide, $7.99
- Band-aids: Tru-Colour Skin Tone Bandages Variety Pack, $12
For a real fashion emergency:
- Mini sewing kit: Coquimbo Sewing Kit, $8.99
- Anti-static spray: Static Guard Travel Size 3-pack, $16.62
- Stain removing pen: Tide To Go 3-pack, $6.97
- White chalk (great for covering stains on a wedding gown!)
- Safety pins
- Lint roller
And a few extra things you might need:
- Portable phone charger: RAVPower Portable Charger, $19.99
- Mints: Listerine Cool Mint Pocketpaks Breath Strips (3-pack), $3.97
- Eye drops
- Pretzels or other snacks
More from In The Know:
The post This is the ultimate maid of honor emergency kit for any wedding appeared first on In The Know.