Once fall arrives, corn, zucchini and tomatoes make way for squash, Brussels sprouts, figs and the like. And they’re all invited to lunch. Ease into the season with 30 fall salad recipes that are both healthy and exciting. Plus, most of them only take a few minutes to put together.
1. Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
If you swap the usual light, crisp greens for heartier Brussels sprouts, you can instantly upgrade a salad for the new season.
2. Easy, Healthy Broccoli Salad
It’s like that creamy broccoli salad you grew up with…but with an upgraded maple-mayo-cider dressing that’s a touch more elegant.
3. Warm Ginger-Scallion Pork and Kale Salad
As much as we adore kale, eating those leafy greens raw can be hard to swallow—literally. This recipe uses a bit of heat and an acidic dressing to soften the texture and add tons of flavor.
4. Chickpea, Kale, Apple and Goat Cheese Salad
In our humble opinion, apples are the ideal salad topping: crisp, tart and just sweet enough.
5. Herbed Kale Salad with Persimmon, Pomegranate and Maple-Cumin Dressing
Maple-cumin dressing? Salad has never tasted this good.
6. Meal-Prep Creamy Kale Caesar Salad
Not only will you have lunch for the week in just 15 minutes, it’ll convert your veggie-resistant kids.
7. Harvest Cranberry, Persimmon and Burrata Salad
Burrata is taking a break from summer pasta salad for something more autumnal. It’s just the match for crisp, sweet persimmons.
8. Abundance Kale Salad with Savory Tahini Dressing
Fast, filling and fabulous for busy weeknights. It’s loaded with greens, roasted sweet potatoes, red cabbage and radishes.
9. Roasted Sweet Potato and Arugula Salad with Turmeric Honey Mustard Yogurt Dressing
OK, this one will take you 35 minutes to make. But hello, it’s sheet-pan salad (meaning minimal dishes to clean). And it’s drizzled in a homemade sweet and tangy dressing to boot.
10. Prosciutto and Fig Salad Board
Equal parts impressive and easy, meaning its ideal for an alfresco dinner with friends before the weather gets too chilly.
11. Shredded Sprouts Salad
Bring on the Brussels, bacon and grated Asiago for a salty, savory salad you’ll want to add to your rotation ASAP. If you’ve never shredded sprouts before, don’t worry—it’s really easy.
12. Cauliflower, Pomegranate and Apple Salad
Hey there, autumn. Crisp, tart apples and juicy pomegranate seeds add brightness to spiced cauliflower and nutty tahini dressing.
13. Roasted Beet and Citrus Salad
It’s almost too pretty to eat. (Oh, who are we kidding? We’re having thirds.)
14. Radicchio, Lentil and Apple Salad with Vegan Cashew Dressing
The four-ingredient dressing couldn’t be simpler. And it also tastes amazing over pasta or on toast, so go ahead and make a double batch.
15. Black Fig and Tomato Salad
Black figs, fresh basil and tangy Champagne vinegar are a great excuse to put summer tomatoes on the fall table. Serve with goat cheese or ricotta.
16. Lemon-Tahini Salad with Lentils, Beets and Carrots
Psst, want to save some time? Use precooked lentils and beets. It’ll be our little secret.
17. Kale Salad with Crispy Chickpeas
A salad for people who, well, hate salad. It’s got umami-rich mustard dressing, smoky roasted chickpeas and Parm shavings. What’s not to like?
18. Citrus, Fennel and Avocado Salad
Looking for a beam of brightness during the colder months? Blood orange and ruby red grapefruit should do the trick.
19. Black Fig, Mozzarella and Basil Salad
Peak fig season is in September, so kick off the season with this 10-minute wonder. Now, where’s the crusty bread?
20. Roasted Squash Salad with White Beans, Breadcrumbs and Preserved Lemon
21. Spicy Carrot Salad with Chickpeas and Parsley
The dressing stars harissa, a hot North African chile paste. It turns zesty and bright when combined with lemon and white wine vinegar.
22. Julia Turshen’s Radicchio and Roasted Squash Salad
The leftovers would be pretty damn delicious in a grilled cheese. Just saying.
23. Mackerel Asparagus Salad with Sesame Vinaigrette
Nothing beats the divine one-two punch of zippy soy-sesame dressing and umami-rich mackerel.
24. Warm Sesame Noodle Salad
For those of you who like your greens with a side of carbs. The peanut-soy dressing won’t hurt either.
25. Indian Salad Bowl with Crunchy Chickpeas
Complete with mango chutney, shredded coconut and curry-roasted chickpeas.
26. Yotam Ottolenghi’s Cauliflower, Pomegranate and Pistachio Salad
Sometimes lettuce just doesn’t cut it. Here, cauliflower, parsley and mint hold down the fort.
27. Crispy Goat Cheese Salad
A bed of arugula crowned with crispy breaded goat cheese? Now *that’s* our kind of salad.
28. Roasted Delicata Squash Salad
This gourd is nutty, sweet and gets crispy in the oven. Add a sprinkle of crumbled feta and pomegranate seeds, then wow your guests.
29. Falafel Salad with Spicy Yogurt Sauce
Skip messy frying and sauté the 10-ingredient falafel patties instead. Or, let store-bought falafel do all the work.
30. Warm Freekeh Salad
It’s time to add this ancient grain to your pantry. It’s chewy, earthy and quite the match for roasted butternut squash and fresh mint.