BRIDGEWATER, NJ — Bridgewater is reporting 17 new cases on Tuesday bringing the township's total to 387 confirmed cases and 37 deaths of the new coronavirus. Looking at the overall numbers, 9 percent of the confirmed cases in Bridgewater have died.
Of those confirmed to have COVID-19, 55.4 percent are women, and 44.6 percent are men.
New Jersey Coronavirus Updates: Don't miss local and statewide announcements about novel coronavirus precautions. Sign up for Patch alerts and daily newsletters.
Here is the age breakdown for the 37 people who have died from the coronavirus:
- 2 were under the age of 50
- 2 were between 50 and 64
- 11 were between 65 to 79
- 22 were aged 80+
"Please note that many of the confirmed cases have since recovered, but the Township does not have a specific number of recovered cases at this time, though we are working expeditiously to collect and organize that information for public release," the township stated.
Somerset County has a total of 3,278 cases and 242 deaths as of Tuesday.
Here is a look at the entire county's coronavirus numbers, according to Somerset County Health Department. (Note that Somerset County reported totals may differ from town's own numbers because of reporting times and other variations.)
- Bedminster township: 31 cases (4 deaths)
- Bernards Township: 194 cases (24 deaths)
- Bernardsville Borough: 55 cases (1 death)
- Bound Brook Borough: 210 cases (7 deaths)
- Branchburg Township: 63 cases (2 deaths)
- Bridgewater Township: 376 cases (40 deaths)
- Far Hills Borough: 3 cases (0 deaths)
- Franklin Township: 907 cases (75 deaths)
- Green Brook Township: 100 cases (17 deaths)
- Hillsborough Township: 211 cases (16 deaths)
- Manville Borough: 94 cases (2 deaths)
- Millstone Borough: 2 cases (0 deaths)
- Montgomery Township: 75 cases (2 deaths)
- North Plainfield Borough: 239 cases (15 deaths)
- Peapack-Gladstone Borough: 28 cases (1 death)
- Raritan Borough: 74 cases (5 deaths)
- Rocky Hills Borough: 5 cases (0 deaths)
- Somerville Borough: 92 cases (4 deaths)
- South Bound Brook Borough: 49 cases (2 death)
- Warren Township: 100 cases (9 deaths)
- Watchung Borough: 71 cases (11 deaths)
New Jersey now has had 113,856 coronavirus cases and 6,442 deaths. Read more: NJ Coronavirus Updates: Here's What You Need To Know
Have a news tip? Email email@example.com.
Get Patch breaking news alerts sent right to your phone with our new app. Download here.