Toyota began delivering 2016 Mirai hydrogen fuel-cell electric sedans to California residents last fall. The first fuel-cell electric car for sale or lease, the Mirai combines hydrogen and oxygen to make electricity onboard emitting only water vapor.
Below are five fast facts about the 4-seat 2016 Toyota Mirai, only available in California:
1) The Toyota Mirai has an EPA-estimated range of 312 miles—the highest of any zero-emission electric vehicle (EV) on the market and offers an EPA-estimated 67 MPGe in combined city/highway driving. An electric motor upfront generates 151 horsepower and 247 lb.-ft. of torque. The Mirai accelerates from 0-60 mph in 8.7 seconds, according to Toyota. Top speed is a claimed 111 mph. Unlike other EVs that need to be plugged in, the Mirai can be refueled in 5 minutes, from a limited number of hydrogen stations in California.
2) Only 3,000 Mirais with its blunt low-swoop front end and sharp body lines will be produced to be sold or leased to selected, eligible consumers in California through 2017. The Mirai comes with Toyota’s advanced driver-assistance systems and features a Lexus-like premium interior. All instruments and controls reside in a center stack.
3) The new Mirai will be delivered through eight authorized dealerships in California. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price is $58,335 (including destination). Currently, the car can be purchased at 0% interest for 60 months + $7,500 or leased at $499 per month for 36 months with $3,649 down.
4) A premium ownership experience includes 3 years of free fuel; 24-hour call support; Toyota Safety Connect, including roadside assistance; Entune multimedia system with hydrogen station finder app; no-cost maintenance schedule; and 8-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty.
5) California customers can go to www.toyota.com/mirai to get information about a customer order request. Year-to-date Mirai deliveries total 97, based on data collected by J.D. Power and auto forecasting partner LMC Automotive.
The first fuel-cell electric car for sale or lease, the Mirai combines hydrogen and oxygen to make electricity onboard emitting only water vapor. Here are five fast facts about the 4-seat 2016 Toyota Mirai, only available in California...
Check this if this is NOT an Articles Listing Page:
New or Used: