Earnings season heats up this week with about 310 companies expected to report.
They represent a diversity of industries, including retail, tech, social media, banks, industrials and home builders.
But some of the hottest earnings charts are those for companies that will be “winners” in the pandemic recovery, and those involve the consumer.
The American consumer has been in lock down for over a year and is eager to return to “normal” as the pandemic recedes.
Where will they spend their stimulus checks?
These 5 companies could continue to be winners.
5 Spectacular Pandemic Recovery Earnings Charts
1. Lithia Motors LAD has beat 4 quarters in a row. Shares of this auto retailer has soared 32.6% year-to-date and is at 5-year highs. Yet it’s still trading with a forward P/E of 19 as the earnings continue to rise. Can it keep its momentum?
2. Pool Corp. POOL was a pandemic winner as everyone stayed home for their vacations but will consumers continue to install pools and buy outdoor furniture as the pandemic recedes? Pool has beat 7 quarters in a row and is near 5-year highs.
3. Whirlpool Corp. WHR has a great earnings surprise track record with its last miss in 2018. Shares are near 5-year highs, up 30% year to date, but it's still cheap, with a forward P/E of just 11.6. Are appliances still hot?
4. Chipotle Mexican Grill CMGhas been a big pandemic winner with its strong brand, delivery and carry out options and app. It’s coming off a rare miss last quarter but is still up 10% year-to-date and is near all-time highs. Can it keep this momentum as the economy reopens?
5. Tractor Supply Company TSCO has beat 4 quarters in a row. Shares have been red-hot, adding 28% in 2021 and are now near 5-year highs. But you’re going to have to pay up as they now trade with a forward P/E of 27. Is it priced for perfection?
+1,500% Growth: One of 2021’s Most Exciting Investment Opportunities
In addition to the stocks you read about above, would you like to see Zacks’ top picks to capitalize on the Internet of Things (IoT)? It is one of the fastest-growing technologies in history, with an estimated 77 billion devices to be connected by 2025. That works out to 127 new devices per second.
Zacks has released a special report to help you capitalize on the Internet of Things’s exponential growth. It reveals 4 under-the-radar stocks that could be some of the most profitable holdings in your portfolio in 2021 and beyond.
Click here to download this report FREE >>
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Whirlpool Corporation (WHR) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (CMG) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Pool Corporation (POOL) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Tractor Supply Company (TSCO) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Lithia Motors, Inc. (LAD) : Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research