Mar. 19—Luzerne County has 50 new positive COVID-19 cases and one new death, the state Department of Health reported Friday.
That brings the county's death count to 755 and the total positive cases to 25,972 since the pandemic began last year.
The state Department of Health reported Friday there were 3,455 additional positive COVID-19 cases statewide, bringing the statewide total to 980,302.
There were 35 new deaths identified by the Pennsylvania death registry for a total of 24,741 deaths attributed to COVID-19 statewide.
Vaccine providers in Pennsylvania have administered 4,043,398 doses of the vaccine as of Friday, according to the Department of Health.
"The pace of vaccinations in Pennsylvania is accelerating each day," Gov. Tom Wolf said in a statement Friday. "We have made tremendous progress but we know we have more work to do. We appreciate all the providers and locations working to vaccinate Pennsylvanians. The commonwealth is committed to ensure that we can vaccinate all those in Phase 1A as soon as possible."
COVID-19 testing locations
* Patients who think they have symptoms of COVID-19 should call their primary care physician.
* Call the Geisinger COVID-19 hotline at 570-284-3657 to learn more about how to get tested.
* Rite Aid on South River Street in Plains Twp. is providing tests and patients must pre-register at riteaid.com.
* MedExpress Urgent Care locations on Kidder Street in Wilkes-Barre and the West Side Mall in Edwardsville are providing tests. Patients can schedule a test at medexpress.com/covid19.html.
* CVS in the Midway Shopping Center in Wyoming and in Exeter provide drive-thru testing and can be scheduled by visiting cvs.com.
Contact the writer: