With fall weather rolling in, locally owned restaurants and chain operations are putting new seasonal items on their menus — from new barbecue options to desserts. Here’s a sampling from across the metro:
▪ Andre’s Confiserie Suisse, Overland Park, South Plaza: Its new Q39 BBQ Brisket Quiche features caramelized onions, Calabrian peppers, chunks of Q39 smoked brisket and barbecue sauce mixed with Gruyere and Emmentaler cheeses and topped with a drizzle of barbecue sauce. Customers can preorder now for pickup or shipment starting Oct. 1. It will be offered in October and November while supplies last. $35
It also will be available by the slice on launch day, Oct. 1, at both locations for $8.75.
▪ The Peacock, Westport: Liquid Cheesecake (coconut cheesecake, mango puree and dragon fruit syrup with graham cracker crumbs) has a creamer texture than traditional cheesecake, according to the chef. $10
▪ The Town Company, downtown: New brunch items include a buttermilk foie gras pancake with malt crunch and maple syrup.
▪ Third Street Social, Lee’s Summit, South Plaza: Meatball stroganoff with roasted mushrooms, pappardelle and mushroom cream sauce. $19.95
▪ Dickey’s Barbecue Pit, Kansas City, Liberty. Brisket chili beer cheese fries. $9
▪ Lion’s Choice, Independence, Lee’s Summit, Liberty, Olathe, Overland Park: Plant-based meatball sub (Hungry Planet’s Italian sausage meatballs served on a toasted loaf of Italian bread with marinara sauce and topped with Provel cheese). $6.99