During his speech at the 2016 White House Correspondents' Dinner, host Larry Wilmore told the assembled journalists and politicians that no one could know for sure when the United States would see another sitting black president in the Oval Office after Barack Obama's tenure was over.
"They're not even going to let Morgan Freeman be president in movies for a while," Wilmore, host of The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore on Comedy Central, said.
Not one to let the opportunity go to waste, Wilmore marked the occasion by toeing the line with his trademark dry, racial humor. Below is just a sampling of the jokes that were sure to have white audience members squirming in their chairs
1. From his very first sentence, audience members should have known what they were in for.
"Welcome to Negro Night. Or as Fox News would call it "Two Thugs Interrupt Elegant Dinner." - Larry Wilmore #WHCD
2. ... and then he hit us with the #AllLivesMatter reference
"Obama's hair is so White, it says 'All Lives Matter'..." - @larrywilmore
3. He pitted Andrew Jackson against Ben Carson
Did Larry Wilmore just say jiggaboo at Pres Obama last @washingtoncorrespondentsdinner @CNN @larrywilmore Im howlin!pic.twitter.com/FjaX1YQbln
4. There was no way Hillary Clinton was going to escape unscathed...
"Bernie has been hanging with Killer Mike, or as Hillary Clinton would say, 'Super Predator Mike'." - @larrywilmore at #WHCD
5. ...or Bill, for that matter.
"At #WHCD, @larrywilmore takes a jab at @BillClinton while complimenting @FLOTUS: https://t.co/gPSaIby3Ik https://t.co/u75Rfiib0a"
6. MSNBC also got dragged, in what was arguably one of the darker jokes of the evening.
"MSNBC got rid of so many black people, I thought Boko Haram was running the network." #WHCDpic.twitter.com/jKKQ8M7gt4
7. Wilmore capped off his speech by dropping the N-word on national television
Larry Wilmore: "Keeping it 100: Yo Barry, you did it, my ni**a." #WHCDpic.twitter.com/9yzc98PFI5
Watch Wilmore's full speech below: