ST. PAUL, MN — The Minnesota Department of Health confirmed 10 deaths from COVID-19 in the last 24 hours as the number of cases of the virus nears 20,000 since the pandemic began. The state added 847 cases to its total Saturday.
Since testing began, the state has administered 189,493 COVID-19 tests.
Don't miss the latest coronavirus updates from health and government officials in Minnesota. Sign up for Patch news alerts and newsletters for what you need to know daily.
As of Saturday, Minnesota's COVID-19 statistics:
Total positive: 19,845
- Number of health care workers: 2,287
Total approximate number of completed tests: 189,493
- Total approximate number of completed tests from the MDH Public Health Lab: 20,856
- Total approximate number of completed tests from external laboratories: 168,637
Total cases requiring hospitalization: 2,534
- Hospitalized as of Thursday: 568
- Hospitalized in ICU as of Thursday: 215
Patients no longer needing isolation: 13,485
- Deaths among cases that resided in long-term care or assisted living facilities: 697
- Minnesota State Fair Is Canceled For 2020
- Minneapolis Will Require Face Coverings Or Masks
- MN Catholic Bishops Plan To Defy Gov. Walz's Order, Will Reopen