Adam Deacon criticises C4 making documentary 'The Cancelling of Noel Clarke'

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
·Contributor
·2 min read
In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
Adam Deacon has retrained as an NHS mental heath support worker. (Getty Images)
Adam Deacon, pictured, has called plans for a new Noel Clarke documentary 'disgusting'. (Getty Images)

Adam Deacon has called Channel 4's plans for a documentary about Noel Clarke "absolutely disgusting".

According to the Mail On Sunday the TV show investigating allegations of bullying and sexual harassment made against the actor and producer is being made under the working title The Cancelling Of Noel Clarke.

Deacon, 38, tweeted: "I think it’s absolutely disgusting that @Channel4 are making a documentary on Noel Clarke and giving him the chance to play the victim. It’s truly disrespectful to all the woman that were brave enough to come forward. Over 20 woman including myself are not lying."

Adam Deacon has criticised C4's plans for a Noel Clarke documentary. (Adam Deacon/Twitter)
Adam Deacon has criticised C4's plans for a Noel Clarke documentary. (Adam Deacon/Twitter)

A spokesman for Channel 4 told Yahoo UK: "Channel 4 has not commissioned the documentary. It is in the early stages of development and as part of this process, the production company has started approaching a number of potential participants.”

They added that Clarke 46, has no financial stake in the project and would not be given any payment for taking part.

Read more: Bafta suspends special prize for TV Awards following Noel Clarke accusations

It it thought the documentary will look into why the public turned against him after the allegations.

Actor Noel Clarke arriving at Hammersmith Magistrate's Court, London, where actor Adam Deacon is accused of posting abusive and threatening messages on social media relating to him.
Noel Clarke vehemently denies allegations of bullying and sexual harrasment. (PA)

Last year The Guardian reported that 20 women who knew Clarke in a professional capacity had accused him of verbal abuse, bullying and sexual harassment.

Clarke – who has “vehemently” denied the misconduct accusations – was then suspended by Bafta and Sky suspended his TV series Bulletproof.

Following the allegations made against Clarke, Torchwood star John Barrowman became caught up in a furore about his behaviour on the set of the BBC drama in 2008.

A 2014 video of Clarke talking at a convention emerged where he said Barrowman, who played Captain Jack Harkness, had exposed himself on set "every five seconds".

Barrowman was subsequently dropped from various projects associated with the show.

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM - JANUARY 24: Adam Deacon attends the World premiere of Woman in Black at the Royal Festival Hall on January 24, 2012 in London, England. (Photo by Eamonn McCormack/WireImage)
Adam Deacon starred in Noel Clarke's films Kidulthood and Adulthood. (Getty Images)

Deacon rose to fame after starring in Clarke’s films Kidulthood and Adulthood, and in 2011 directed his own spoof of the movies, Anuvahood.

Read more: Adam Deacon: Bafta success contributed to my mental breakdown

Deacon was found guilty of harassment without violence in 2015 after a public feud with Clarke on Twitter.

Watch: Adam Deacon encourages anyone with mental health struggles to seek help

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting