Adam Driver was back as Saturday Night Live host tonight, and so was Undercover Ren. One of the most memorable skits from Driver’s SNL hosting debut in January 2016 was Star Wars Undercover Boss: Starkiller Base, a parody of CBS’ reality series Undercover Boss. In it, Driver, as his Star Wars villain character Kylo Ren, goes undercover among his subordinates disguised as Matt, a radar technician.
The video went viral, generating more than 46 million views to date on YouTube alone, so it’s not surprising that Driver’s third stint as SNL host featured a Star Wars Undercover Boss sequel, a Kylo Ren edition of the Undercover Boss special Where Are They Now?
More from Deadline
- 'Saturday Night Live' Impeachment Cold Open Goes To Hell With Adam Driver, Jon Lovitz Cameos
- 'Saturday Night Live' Returns To Average Demo Ratings, Soft Household Numbers
- 'Saturday Night Live' Pays Tribute To Buck Henry
Admitting that he did not keep the promises he’d made in his first Undercover Boss appearance to do better, Kylo once again goes undercover, this time as Randy the intern. The identity may be different (he now says things like “OK boomer”), but the mayhem he causes and the body count are pretty similar.
Watch above the Undercover Boss sequel skit. Below is the original one for reference.
Best of Deadline
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers