It joins such chains as Wingstop, which is expanding in Kansas City, as well as locally owned chicken wing spots. And a number of area restaurants offer wings as an appetizer or main course.
We did a poll earlier this week so readers could vote on a dozen selections.
We also asked readers to send in their suggestions. Here’s a sampling:
▪ Artego Pizza, midtown: It offers jumbo wings with a signature garlic Buffalo sauce in original, hot or honey barbecue.
▪ Brooksider Sportsbar & Grill, Brookside: “My favorite are the smoked wings at Brooksider! Try em.”
▪ Minsky’s Pizza Cafe & Bar, multiple locations: “@Minsky’sPizza makes phenomenal wings.”
Minsky’s jumbo wings come with a choice of hot sauce, barbecue, sweet and spicy, or garlic Romano.
▪ Mr. P’z Bar & Grill, Overland Park: “Yes really. Also try the chicken fingers, which are huge. The BBQ Rangoon and crab mushrooms are the chef’s signature. Make sure you try them. But the wings. ... just monsters.”
▪ Q39, midtown, Overland Park: “Q39’s wings are addicting.”
The Quaff’s wings come in several styles, including barbecue, mango habanero, Buffalo and Korean gochujang.
▪ Taps on Main, Crossroads: Buffalo wings served with scratch-made bleu cheese sauce.
▪ Wingz & More, Grandview, Liberty: Its wings come with a variety of sauces and rubs.
Johnny’s Tavern offered up its double-charred Wilson wings, and a couple of readers agreed: “@Johnny’sTaverns is the correct answer.”
Charlie Hooper’s Brookside Bar & Grille wanted to add its jumbo wings to the list. They come in several styles: Buffalo, honey garlic, blackened and charred, barbecue or Hoopty sauce (its version of Chick-fil-A sauce or the fry sauce at Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers).
One reader was surprised that Wings ’N Things Express didn’t score higher in the poll: “People are voting but haven’t really tried the wings. Scared to sit in that line in the hood.”
But another reader had the best suggestion: “Only one way to solve this. Let’s have a big party and have everyone bring wings.”
You can vote in our poll until midnight Sunday night. You can find it here.