Airbnb taking legal action against person who booked Pittsburgh home where mass shooting took place
Airbnb announced the company will be taking legal action against the person who booked the home on Pittsburgh’s North Side where a mass shooting took place on Easter Sunday.
Mass Shooting Coverage:
· PHOTOS: Pittsburgh Mass Shooting: At least 10 shot in Easter Sunday shooting in North Side neighborhood
· Shocking video shows moments shots were fired during Pittsburgh mass shooting
· Police were called to Pittsburgh Airbnb for noise complaint 90 minutes before Sunday’s mass shooting
· Pittsburgh Public Schools operating on modified lockdown Monday after Pittsburgh mass shooting
· ‘It was rapid fire’: Witnesses react to Pittsburgh mass shooting
· Pittsburgh Mayor Ed Gainey reacts to the North Side mass shooting: 10 shot, 2 dead, 5 other injuries
· Hear the first responder radio transmissions as the Pittsburgh mass shooting was happening
· Family staying at Airbnb below Pittsburgh mass shooting left an hour before shots fired
Airbnb strictly bans parties and, in a statement, said they condemn the behavior alleged to have prompted the mass shooting.
The company said that, on top of the lifetime ban the renter faces, the company is planning to pursue affirmative legal action.
“We remain in close contact with the Pittsburgh Police Department, as well as Mayor Gainey’s staff, to support their investigations,” Airbnb said.
Pittsburgh Mass Shooting: 10 shot, 2 teens dead at party in Airbnb; multiple shooters suspected Two 17-year-old boys killed in Pittsburgh mass shooting identified Shocking video shows moments shots were fired during Pittsburgh mass shooting VIDEO: ‘It was rapid fire’: Witnesses react to Pittsburgh mass shooting DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts