Editor's note: Events are subject to change during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Contacting your church ahead of time is recommended. Churches may send updates to worship services, schedules or protocols via email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Polk Street United Methodist Church — Please worship with us in person at 8:30 and 10:55 a.m. in our historic Sanctuary at 1401 S. Polk. Or, worship online with us at 10:55 a.m. at psumc.com or on our Facebook page. This Sunday, Pastor Lesly Broadbent is continuing his sermon series, “Empty Promises: Idols that will rob us of our life.” His sermon is titled “Money Changes Everything,” and the scripture citation is Luke 16:13-15. At Polk Street, we have multiple ways for you to connect with our community of faith. From Bible studies and small groups to exercise classes and outreach to the impoverished, there is a place for you. If you’d like more information, please visit psumc.com and either email us or complete a contact form. We hope you will join us!
• Westminster Presbyterian Church — In-person and live streaming service on Sundays at 10:30 a.m. available to watch from the church’s website at wpcama.com, click on Sermons. If you would like to participate in person, please bring a mask. They are following both local and federal guidelines concerning gatherings, sanitation and distancing. Childcare and youth activities are available. Children and youth are welcome to stay in the service as well. Church is located at 2525 Wimberly Road.
• Paramount Baptist Church — 3801 S. Western St., extends an invitation to everyone to attend Sunday services at 8:30 a.m. (English), 11 a.m. (English) and 11 a.m. (Spanish). Sunday School is at 9:45 a.m. On arrival, guests will be asked to follow established health and safety protocols. Go to www.paramount.org for more information.
• Coulter Road Baptist Church — 4108 S. Coulter St. In-person Sunday school at 9:15 a.m. and worship at 10:30 a.m. Masks are recommended for all services. Sunday worship is streamed on our website, www.coulterbc.com. Contact info: 806-352-5278.
• Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church of Amarillo — worship/communion service is at 9:30 a.m. each Sunday. The service also will be available on the church’s website on Sunday evenings at https://www.beautifulsavioramarillo.org.videos.
• Covenant Presbyterian Church — 1400 Wolflin Ave., requires the wearing of masks, available at the church, to protect against the COVID virus in its worship service at 10 a.m. Sunday. The minister and singing leader are still wearing gloves because they are back and forth to the pulpit. For more information, call 806-376-5244.
• Power Church — Three services: 8:30 a.m., 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m. Hand sanitizing stations outside and inside the church in various places. If you or anyone in your family is not feeling well in any way or is in the “at risk” population, stay home and continue watching online. Following health and safety guidelines, with organized entrance / exit. When the sanctuary reaches capacity, we will overflow into the fellowship room and youth room where the service will be streamed.
• Trinity Fellowship — All campuses reopened. Family Worship and Prophetic Nights: Wednesdays at 7 p.m. at every campus (no childcare available). At Hollywood Road, if we reach capacity in the West Auditorium at the 9 a.m. service, we use the worship to the Worship Center, which will be our overflow room. Masks are encouraged but not required. For details of the Sunday happenings at your campus, visit TFC.org/Sundays. Church Online at 9 and 11 a.m. on all viewing platforms. Following health and safety guidelines. Family Worship & Prophetic Nights will be available on all digital platforms during the Wednesday night service time. Those at risk or have possible COVID-19 symptoms are encouraged to stay home and participate via digital platforms.
• Anna Street Church of Christ — 2310 Anna St., across from Olsen Park Elementary. Sunday: 9:45 a.m. – classes (all youth classes are postponed until Sept. 5); 10:30 a.m. – Morning Worship. Wednesday: 6:45 p.m. – Song Practice; 7:35 p.m. – Evening Teaching. Please check us out on Facebook, or stay current with our preaching series through YouTube. You can visit http://www.annastreetchurch.org/ for more information.
• Southwest Church of Christ – Come see us Sunday for Bible class at 9:30 a.m. and for Worship at 10:30 a.m. A list of current classes and protocols can be found on our website: www.southwest.org.
• First Baptist Church — Gathering at 12th and Tyler. On campus Sunday morning worship service times are 8:30 and 11 a.m., with Bible study for all ages at 9:45 a.m. Sunday evening worship meets at 6 p.m. in the sanctuary.
• Bell Avenue Church of Christ — Sunday morning worship begins at 9:30 a.m., with classes immediately following; and Sunday evening worship begins at 5 p.m. In addition, the Wednesday night devotional and classes begin at 7 p.m. During our services, a special area will be reserved at the back of the auditorium for those who wish to social distance. Everyone is welcome.
• Bible Believers Baptist Church — Sunday school at 10 a.m.; preaching at 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. Wednesday Bible Study at 7 p.m. Visitation and Soul Winning: Saturday at 10 a.m. Nursery provided for all services. Minister, Glen A. Stocker.
• Christ Covenant Presbyterian Church — Has resumed both morning and evening worship services at normal times. Welcome all members and guests to come in person, but will continue streaming both services to accommodate those who need to stay home via YouTube, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYV3TNTeWd1278byaIzgNIQ . Other church activities remain cancelled until further notice.
• Central Church of Christ — Join us for worship at 10:15, in person or online. Masks are recommended, but not required.
• Church of Christ at the Colonies — Sunday morning Bible classes for all ages begins at 9:30 a.m.; Sunday morning worship service begins at 10:30 a.m.; and Wednesday evening Bible study at 6:30 p.m. The coffee connection will be open between 10:10 a.m. and 10:30 a.m for members and visitors to enjoy a cup of coffee with friends. Online streaming of Sunday morning service on YouTube or at thecolonies.org and worship is still broadcast in the parking lot on FM 95.1.
• Second Baptist Church — 419 N. Buchanan St.; Sunday morning service time is 10 a.m. For more information, visit http://www.sbcama.org/ or call (806) 373-1737.
• Olsen Park Church of Christ — Assemble at 10 a.m. at 4700 Andrews Ave., maintaining social distancing guidelines with individual Lord’s Supper elements provided, extra hand sanitizers and televisions in other rooms. Live streaming also will continue Sunday at 10 a.m. and Wednesday at 7 p.m.
• Hillside Christian Churches — currently gathering at all physical campuses, as well as meeting virtually through our online campus. More information about service times for specific campuses can be found at www.hillsideonline.com. Children’s programming is available at all Texas campuses.
• Arden Road Baptist Church — All Sunday School, children's ministries and nurseries have resumed. Service times: Sundays, 9:30 a.m., Sunday school, 10:30 a.m., 6:30 p.m., Wednesdays, 7 p.m.
• Redeemer Presbyterian Church — 7603 77th Ave., near Coulter and Arden Road. Sunday school at 9:30 a.m., followed by worship service at 10:30 and evening worship service at 5 p.m. We offer live streaming on YouTube at www.youtube.com/channel/UCHc6sCADFHQ6xD91jMxktfQ. Visit http://redeemeramarillo.com/ for more information.
• Messiah’s House — 6901 Bell St. Sunday morning worship 10 a.m., sermon and Kids Klub 11 a.m. Livestream: connect@MH.church. Wednesday evenings small groups and classes for babies through high school 6:30 to 8 p.m. First Wednesday of the month is Presence Night (worship only) with classes kindergarten through high school.
• First Christian Church — 3001 Wolflin Ave, Sunday school at 9 a.m. and worship service at 10 a.m. All are invited to attend. Those who cannot attend the Sunday worship service are invited to participate online as follows:
FCC Facebook page: facebook.com/FirstChristianAmarillo
FCC YouTube channel: youtube.com/channel/UCkyDAlGKrx82S5qCbiBlS_g
• First Church of Christ, Scientist Amarillo — 2701 Julian Blvd. We extend an invitation to everyone to attend Sunday Service at 10:30 a.m. and Sunday School at 10:30 a.m. Our weekly testimonial meeting every Wednesday from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. is a great mid-week inspiration to all. The lesson sermon this week is on Life. "Ye shall walk in all the ways which the Lord your God hath commanded you, that ye may live, and that it may be well with you, and that ye may prolong your days in the land which ye shall possess". KJV Deuteronomy 5:33. See our website: www.cschurchamarillo.com for more information.
This article originally appeared on Amarillo Globe-News: Amarillo Faith Calendar for Jan. 23