Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Watch this step-by-step tutorial and learn how to make your own 3D Christmas tree entirely out of gingerbread cookies.
For buttercream icing:
- 8 ounces butter
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extra
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 5 drops of green food coloring
- sprinkles and/or candy cane pieces for garnish
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Big Sheet, $14.39 (originally $20.40)
- 5-Piece Star Cookie Cutter Set, $8.99
- KitchenAid Classic Plus 4.5-Qt. Tilt-Head Stand Mixer, $199
Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Roll out the dough to ¼ inch thick.
- Using the star cookie set, cut out the stars (2 of each size). Bake for 6-12 min. (Time will vary, less for smaller and more for larger cookies.)
- Make the buttercream frosting: Add butter into the bowl of a stand mixer and whip. Mix in sugar and salt on low speed until mostly combined. Add vanilla and increase the speed to medium-high and mix until smooth. Adjust the consistency with milk as needed.
- Once cookies are done baking and cooled, stack them on top of each other, from the biggest to the smallest, putting a bit of buttercream in between to hold them all together.
- Decorate the rest of the tree with buttercream and candies. Pro tip: Add buttercream to a piping bag for easier decorating.