SCHAUMBURG, IL — Take a break from the heat with a cold treat at the newest Andy's Frozen Custard's location in Schaumburg, now open at 390 Barrington Road. The nationally recognized frozen custard company announced in a Tuesday news release the opening of their newest location in Schaumburg — a drive-thru and walk up window offering frozen custard treats and more.
“We’re so excited to open our newest Chicagoland store,” Andy’s Frozen Custard President and Owner Andy Kuntz said, in the news release. “As our biggest market nationwide, the Windy City has always been near and dear to our hearts. As Andy’s Frozen Custard continue expanding across the region, we look forward to welcoming new friends and neighbors alike with sweet treats at our newest area location.”
The new spot is the Chicago area's 13th, and is part of the company's Prairie State expansion, bringing more than 25 new jobs to the area, according to the news release. The store features a sparkling-clean, classic 1950-60s-style theme, an outdoor patio (heated during winter months) with bench seating and "stellar, unmatched customer service," the news release said. In addition, Andy’s newest location has a bright and cheerful retro vibe that echoes a slice of hometown Americana with frozen custard treats served lightning-fast, according to the news release.
Don't miss updates about precautions in the Palatine area as they are announced. Sign up for Patch news alerts and newsletters.
According to the news release, Andy’s is also taking enhanced precautions to increase health and safety during the coronavirus pandemic and has elevated its already stringent procedures at its new Schaumburg store.
Summer hours for the new Schaumburg location are:
- Sunday to Thursday: 11 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday: 11 a.m. to midnight
More information about the store is also available at the Andy’s website, and customers can follow Andy’s Schaumburg location via social media on Facebook or Instagram and interested customers can call for more details at 872-260-0100.
Customers can enjoy:
- Made Fresh Hourly™ Vanilla and chocolate frozen custard — cups, cones and more
- Seasonal items including the Strawberry Shortcake Sundae, Blackberry Waffle-Jack and Tasty sundaes
- Golden Crisp Waffle Cones: Newly introduced buttery, crispy and "Made Fresh Daily" in-house Golden Crisp Waffle Cones.
- Smooth malts and splits
- Concretes — created by taking your favorite toppings and blending them together with custard of choice
- To-go quarts including traditional vanilla and chocolate or specialty to-go pint flavors such as, Butter Pecan, Mint Chocolate Chip, Hot Fudge Brownie, Bordeaux Cherry Chip and featured seasonal flavors.
- Extraordinary selection of toppings: For all of its treats, Andy’s Frozen Custard also offers a wide variety of toppings allowing for smooth, creamy and decadent combinations—including favorite candy mix-ins, fresh fruits, made-from-scratch brownies, cookie dough, famous roasted pecans, hot fudge, caramel and much more.
More information: eatandys.com