Anne Arundel County Police Officers Get Basketball Hoop For Kids In Glen Burnie
- All right. As the weather gets nicer out there, we all want to be outside, right? And for a lot of kids, that means shooting some hoops.
- In Anne Arundel County, they're going to be able to do just that, and it's all thanks to some local police officers.
- Yeah. Earlier this month, the officers were on patrol near the 7600 block of McNamara Drive in Glen Burnie. And they see some kids out there were playing with a basketball, but there was no hoop.
- How great is this? Officers stepped up to help, using their arms as the hoop. But that's not all. They returned this morning to surprise the community with a brand new hoop. The local fire department even helped install it.
- I love that.
- Let me tell you.
- It's the little things.
- We talk about improving those community relations.
- That's it right there.