The most exciting day of the year for Apple fans is finally here. After months of anticipation, and an endless stream of rumors, Apple today is poised to introduce its iPhone 11 lineup. That said, Apple’s special event today isn’t an iPhone-only affair. On the contrary, Apple has historically used its September event to introduce a range of new hardware, with the Apple Watch being a prime example.
In light of that, Apple kicked of today’s media event with a slew of updates and announcements, including new details regarding Apple Arcade, Apple TV Plus, and a brand new 7th-generation 10.2-inch iPad. Building on that momentum, Apple just a few moments officially introduced the Apple Watch Series 5, the next-gen version of its increasingly popular wearable.
More from BGR
- Act surprised: iPhone 11 Pro obliterates Note 10+ and every other Android phone in performance tests
- iPhone 11 phones have better battery life and faster charging - here's what you need to know
- Here's how much your current iPhone is worth if you're trading it in for an iPhone 11
After an inspirational detailing the myriad of ways in which the Apple Watch has improved the health and well-being of its users, Apple divulged what we can expect to see from its next-gen wearable.
The Apple Watch Series 5 features an always-on OLED display with a number of advanced sensors that still maintains an impressive 18-hours of battery life.
The Apple Watch Series 5 also ships with a built-in compass which should make navigation a lot more convenient.
Apple also introduced a wide assortment of case finishes, including models with titanium and ceramic finishes that look pretty darn slick. There will also be brand new Hermes and Nike bands available.
Apple Watch Series 5 GPS models will start at $399 with the cellular models starting at $499. The Apple Watch Series 5 can be ordered today and will be in stores on September 20.
Meanwhile, the Apple Watch Series 3 isn’t going anywhere and will be available for just $199.
BGR Top Deals:
- It’s iPhone day, and Amazon is blowing out OtterBox cases starting at $16
- These surprisingly good noise cancelling headphones are somehow on sale for $35
Trending Right Now:
- Marvel’s next ‘Avengers’ project is already in the works, but it’s not what you’d expect
- Mind-blowing drug trials show it’s possible to reverse biological age
- The iPhone 11’s pricing and storage capacities might’ve just leaked, and there’s a huge surprise