One of Armie Hammer's accusers says the new docuseries about the actor exploited her trauma.
The woman, identified as Effie, told the LA Times she was not involved with "House of Hammer."
She came forward with physical and sexual abuse allegations against Hammer in March 2021.
One of Armie Hammer's accusers says "House of Hammer," a new docuseries about the actor, exploited her trauma without her permission.
The accuser, who is identified by the name Effie and is behind the @houseofeffie Instagram account that initially shared alleged NSFW messages sent by Hammer to multiple woman, claimed he abused and sexually assaulted her during a four-year relationship at a press conference in March 2021.
Hammer's attorney, Andrew Brettler, subsequently denied the allegations in a statement to Insider and the messages shared on social media in January remain unverified.
Since then, multiple women have accused the actor of sexual assault. Their role in Hammer's public fall from grace has now been featured in "House of Hammer," which premiered on Friday on Discovery+. However, in a statement to the Los Angeles Times, Effie said she never wanted a part of it and felt badgered by producers.
"The way they've been exploiting my trauma is disgusting," she told the newspaper. "When I keep screaming 'no' and they keep going, saying they don't need my permission, they remind me of Armie."
Effie did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
And while she didn't agree to be part of the series, her lawyer Gloria Allred did, which Effie said she was not aware of.
Allred did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment but told the LA Times that statements she made "on behalf of clients have been made because the statements were consistent with our representation, were authorized either explicitly or implicitly, and were made because I believed that the statements were in the client's best interests."
Effie's comments about the documentary comes as Hammer's ex-girlfriend, Paige Lorenze, also said she did not want to be involved with the docuseries.
Speaking on Thursday's episode of the "Sofia with an F" podcast, the 24-year-old content creator said she decided not to participate because "the situation was traumatic."
Lorenze previously claimed Hammer, 36, used a knife to carve his initial into her skin and asked her to remove her ribs so he could eat them.
Her claims appear during the course of "House of Hammer," a three-episode documentary produced by Elli Hakami and Julian Hobbs of Talos Films. They did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
According to the LA Times, Hakami said they wanted to speak with women who had accused Hammer of sexual assault and physical abuse so as to help "break the cycles of abuse."
Even so, Effie said she always said no. When first contacted by production, she told the LA Times she said: "It is extremely inappropriate of you to exploit such a tragic, vulnerable time in many people's lives, with no regard whatsoever for our healing process and privacy."
Hammer's legal representative did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
Read the original article on Insider