There was plenty of news across Georgia on Thursday. If you missed any of it on your local Patch, here's a roundup of the top stories from the past 24 hours.
The three men accused of killing Ahmaud Arbery used racial slurs to describe the victim, said authorities, and hit him with a truck.
Atlanta leaders urged residents to vote and joined a Black Lives Matter march as George Floyd's memorial service was held June 4 in MN.
Jake Fromm, now a rookie with the Buffalo Bills, suggested in a 2019 text message chat that only elite white people be able to afford guns.
In August, seven police agencies across GA participated in a demonstration project to build trust with marginalized community members.
The Department of Labor announced that unemployment claims are down by 16,000 over the previous week and have declined in recent weeks.
Dan T. Cathy, Chick-fil-A's chairman and CEO, said this is a time to love our neighbors more than we ever have before, with greater empathy.
AMC Theatres May Close:
- AMC Theatres: Decatur Location Could Close
- AMC Theatres: Alpharetta's North Point Mall Location Could Close
- AMC Theatres: Canton's Riverstone Location Could Close
- AMC Theatres: Avenue Forsyth Location Could Close
- AMC Theaters: Cartersville Classic 12 Location Could Close
- AMC Theaters: Hiram 14 Could Close Due To Coronavirus Losses
Contribute your own content to Patch by signing up for an account and clicking the "Post on Patch" button at the top right of the site.
Also Worth A Look Today:
- ‘Madness Must Stop’: Civil Rights Icon John Lewis On Floyd Video
- Black Lives Matter Group To Honor Life Of George Floyd With March
- Planned Protest Causing Forsyth Government To Close Early Friday
- Cherokee Student Athletes Can Soon Return To Practicing
- 3 Arrested, Charged In Arson Of Gwinnett County Police Cars
- 43-Year-Old Lawrenceville Man Remains Missing: Police
- Taco Mac Lawrenceville Location To Open In July, Actively Hiring
- Use Smart Phone To Control Most Features Of Johns Creek Home
- Roswell Home Includes Upgraded Touches, Gourmet Kitchen
- Civil Rights Icons, Family Mourn George Floyd In Minneapolis
- Sharpton Vows A Movement At Floyd Service; Protests Continue
- Brees Says He 'Completely Missed The Mark' In Flag Comments
- NBA Owners Approve 22-Team Season Restart Plan: Report
- Voices From The George Floyd Protests: ‘Please Stop Killing Us’