Former Minneapolis Officer Derek Chauvin was convicted Tuesday of murder and manslaughter for pinning George Floyd to the pavement with his knee on the Black man’s neck in a case that touched off worldwide protests. (April 20)
- Juror number 91, are these your true and correct verdicts?
- Juror number 92, are these your true and correct verdicts?
- Are these your verdicts so say you one, so say you all.
- Members of the jury, I find that the verdicts as read reflect the will of the jury and will be filed accordingly. I have to thank you on behalf of the people of the state of Minnesota for not only jury service, but heavy-duty jury service. What I'm going to ask you to do now is to follow the deputy back into your usual room, and I will join you in a few minutes to answer questions and to advise you further. So all rise for the jury. Is there a motion on behalf of the State?
- Your Honor, the State would move to have the Court revoke the Defendant's bail and remand him into custody, pending sentencing.
- Bail is revoked, bond is discharged, and the Defendant is remanded to the custody of the Hennepin County Sheriff. Anything further?
- No, Your Honor.
- All right. Thank you. We're adjourned.