A Baltimore County family held a kickball tournament to raise money for the Alzheimer's Association.
- Raising money for Alzheimer's awareness, all having a little fun.
- Check this out. A kickball tournament was held this morning in Timonium. It was, again, raising money for the Alzheimer's Association, but this game meant a little more to two children who were participating.
- 13-year-old Grant and 11-year-old April wanted to host this event to raise money in honor of their grandmother who is living with Alzheimer's. The children initially set a goal of raising $5,000 and it quickly grew to nearly $10,000.
- I feel really proud of it. I know they do, too, because, like, we did all this and I think it was like a fun thing that we did all this, and it's great.
- Yeah, it feels like, really good, and it feels like we accomplished something really big.
- You did. You accomplished something really big. A total of 60 teams participated in the kickball tournament. I haven't played kickball since the fifth grade.
- Yeah, it's been a long time, but boy that was fun, wasn't it?
- It was.