Baltimore County Police are asking for the public's help after a 17-year-old was shot in a hotel room over the weekend.
- 17-year-old is recovering tonight after being shot at a hotel in Baltimore County over the holiday weekend. And police are now asking for your help as they try to piece together what happened before those shots rang out. WJZ live in Owings Mills and new at 7 o'clock. Amy Kawata has what we're learning about this case, Amy.
- Police say the shooting happened here at the home to sweep in Owings Mills on the 4500 block of Peters Mill Road. For a better understanding of where we are, this is right next to the children's Magnet Montessori school nestled in a typically quiet residential area.
Early Saturday morning around 3:00 AM, Baltimore County Police say a 17-year-old was attending a party here at Home 2 Suites of Peters Mill Road when he was shot in the upper body at least once. Jamhuri Richardson tells of WJZ he's been staying at the hotel over the weekend and is shocked he didn't hear or see anything at the time of the incident.
- We didn't hear any gunshots. No people screaming in pain or police. No sirens.
- Police say the 17-year-old was transported to an area hospital where he was treated and released. As detectives try to piece together what led up to the shooting, hotel guests say it is unusual for something like this to happen in this part of town.
- Real quiet. You never hear about anything like that. That needs to happen. That made me scared. I just had my twins so for that to happen, it's just wow.
- And police have not released any information yet on if a suspect has been developed. If you know any information or may have heard or seen anything at the time of the shooting, you're urged to contact Baltimore County Police. Live in Owings Mills, I'm Amy Kawata for WJZ.